Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
readerwhowrites
Currently Reading: Some Danger Involved
Bookshelf Size: 126

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by readerwhowrites »

Thank you for your review. I wonder if the series has continued and if the author has taken your advice.
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

i enjoyed the sample and while the latter part of the review put me off a little i still want to see the rest of the book. still thanks for an insightful review. good job!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I like fantasy books but the plot for this one is not interesting to me. Thanks for the review.
Phoxy
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Phoxy »

8-) This book quickly captured my attention. I really like the style of writing. it's exciting and provides inside into the characters emotions. In a few pages, it's clear why the main characters act the way they do. I am looking forward to finding the time to read the whole book.
ktrae910
Currently Reading: Bad to the Bone
Bookshelf Size: 7569
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktrae910.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William E. Combs

Post by ktrae910 »

Magic, mayhem, and coming of age: Sounds like a great novel for teens.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William E. Combs
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I have read the first ten pages of this book but it is not as interesting as it seems. The story is confusing and the descriptions are vague. Anyway, thanks for the review.
KennaLay
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10579">All the Truth That's in Me</a>
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by KennaLay »

This sounds like an interesting read that I will add to my reading list. Though, it does sound like most young adult/teen fiction novels that are out there. But nonetheless, there is a reason why there are so many of them out there. People do love them. Thanks for the review
TheReadingTrashQueen
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by TheReadingTrashQueen »

I have to admit I'd quite like to read the rest of this book after having read the preview. I haven't read the review posted here because honestly I am way too tired at the moment, and I usually never read reviews before reading a book. It's a bit slow going, cliche, but the cat pulls me in. I can't help it. I feel like if I were to read this I'd struggle a bit with the inane plot of the boyfriend and such, but I hope the actual plot would make up for that! Will definitely try and check this out!
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

I may be a bit too critical of this but the punctuation, especially in your first paragraph, could use a little polishing. There are a few times when a comma is needed and doesn't appear. I'm not trying to be mean and I hope this doesn't upset you; these are easy things to overlook but some of us notice them right away.

The content of your review is excellent. I think you did a great job of setting the scene in an enticing way and also giving your feelings on the overall story.

Great job!
mnseverance
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mnseverance »

Sounds very interesting. I know we were told "not to judge a book by it's cover," and that is what I did when I saw the cover of this book. But after reading your review, there is definitely a lot more to the book. I think it would be something very interesting to read and also it may be a good book to have in my high school library.
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia&rsquo;s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juanita700 »

A fantasy tale tells the story of Piper and her family. Piper is wonderfully mature for her age and she is likable. It sounds like a true story that despite it being fantasy tells a great truth. We can all change the world we living in. I read the sample and despite not really being a fantasy fan I could not but bought the book to continue reading it.
robynpr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by robynpr »

Absolutely in LOVE with this book. Street shows the reader an insight into the life of Piper Frieda, and her extraordinary abilities. It's hard to express how great this book is without giving too much away, so if you're a fan of YA books, such as 'The Hunger Games' or 'Divergent', I thoroughly urge you to read this book!
tonysgirl0805
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonysgirl0805.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by tonysgirl0805 »

I am excited to read this book. The way you described it sounds like you can really get drawn into the characters and won't be lost.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Mitchel Street's Prophase: A Present Tale sounds like an interesting fantasy bildungsroman. I am not drawn to this category of books, but I guess lovers of the genre will enjoy Piper Walker's story!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
13CBayly
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by 13CBayly »

These reviews have me intrigued and worried, I'm sho interested inn the story line, but will the writing be good enough to keep my interest? Ready to find out!

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”