Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Divergent" by Veronica Roth

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

How did you feel about the end of the series?

Discuss the June 2014 book of the month Divergent by Veronica Roth. While only Divergent--the first book of the series--is the book of the month, feel free to use this subforum to discuss the rest of the series or to talk about the movies, but make sure not to post spoilers unless noted in the topic title.

Re: How did you feel about the end of the series?

Post Number:#16 by chateau_buoy
» 26 Oct 2016, 10:48

I liked the ending but it seemed a little bit like Roth was trying a little too hard to make the book special by having the main character die. I liked the series and it made sense like Clifora said, that she would make a sacrifice like that but it was too sad and seemed like the author was doing it for attention. Does that make any sense? I guess I'm conflicted about it!
chateau_buoy

Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 25 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook Edition
2017 Reading Goal: 40 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by Swara Sangeet
» 09 Nov 2016, 02:43

I guess some people were touched by Tris' sacrifice. I personally don't like endings wherein the main character dies. It was like a dead drop after a roller-coaster of story-telling. Overall, the rebellion was okay, but I would've definitely enjoyed a happy ending.
Swara Sangeet's Latest Review: "An Adjunct Down" by Harvey Havel
Swara Sangeet

Currently Reading: A Bucket of Warm Water
Bookshelf Size: 201 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#18 by Gemma24
» 09 Nov 2016, 04:52

When I read the ending, I wasn't sad about finishing the series like I normally do! I was just disappointed at the ending, it could have gone in so many other directions
Gemma24

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#19 by bgeyer
» 05 Jan 2017, 12:26

I hated that Tris had to die because I would've loved seeing her and Four live happily ever after. But her sacrifice fits so well with her traits that you knew that's what she would do when the time came
bgeyer

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#20 by Christina O Phillips
» 08 Mar 2017, 09:44

I found the ending lacking. The first book was good enough. The idea of the factions was interesting, but the MC got on my nerves. However, each book after that got worse. It felt like the author lost her motivation or was on a deadline so she rushed out the end of the series.
Christina O Phillips's Latest Review: "The Power of the Babbling Brook" by Marie Fostino
Christina O Phillips

Currently Reading: murder at the book group
Bookshelf Size: 1275 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 101%

Post Number:#21 by CarrieMe
» 10 Mar 2017, 01:23

I hated the ending. I have no problem with the death of a main character if it serves the story, but in this case, it just made no sense to me. There was no reason at all for her to die.
CarrieMe

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 347 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#22 by AliceofX
» 13 Mar 2017, 02:22

I also disliked the ending. It would be one thing if the book ended right there with her death, but it just goes on and is all about how special and wonderful Tris was. The death just seems like a cop-out. What I really liked about Hunger Games, without giving away any spoilers, is that the characters had to live with the damage after it was all over. They didn't all just nobly die.
AliceofX's Latest Review: "The Cursed Man" by Keith Rommel
AliceofX

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349 books

View Reviewer Page

Previous