Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four. Any thoughts

Discuss the June 2014 book of the month Divergent by Veronica Roth. While only Divergent--the first book of the series--is the book of the month, feel free to use this subforum to discuss the rest of the series or to talk about the movies, but make sure not to post spoilers unless noted in the topic title.
hersheyroxs
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Legend trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hersheyroxs.html
fav_author_id: 2445

Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four. Any thoughts

Post by hersheyroxs »

My favorite series ever is the Divergent series. The action, the romance, and the the danger make this book amazing. This series is a series i would read again and again. The Divergent movie was pretty good. Post your thoughts here. Im interested to see what you have to say about this series
Bwoodby4405

Post by Bwoodby4405 »

I really liked them, but they are simplistic. They have the same cadence as the Hunger Games books. They're good; but you can read them in a weekend.
lissross

Post by lissross »

I read Divergent and LOVED it!

I am a teacher-librarian in a k-5 school. I purchased some copies for the library and recommended it to some of our grade 4 students. They read it in a weekend and really enjoyed it. Of course I had to buy the other books in the series, which the students continued to get through quickly. They loved them - in fact, so much that they were excited to share what happened in the end of the THIRD book when I was still on Chapter 2 of the second book. Kinda ruined it for me.

As for the movie - it left a lot to be desired but I had to keep reminding myself that it IS a young adult series.
hersheyroxs
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Legend trilogy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hersheyroxs.html
fav_author_id: 2445

Post by hersheyroxs »

Thank you for sharing. Yeah my friend ruined the end of Allegiant for me too. I was the first to read Four so no one could spoil it for me.
lindac1_98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindac1-98.html

Post by lindac1_98 »

I have only read Divergent due to the fact that my daughter actually told me how the last book ended. So I kinda lost the urge to read the other books. I am a happily ever after person. I did however enjoy Divergent, it was an easy read.
Sapphire1258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sapphire1258.html

Post by Sapphire1258 »

I loved the Divergent series, I liked the world development and the aspect of it all, the only thing that I did not enjoy was the last book. I felt like it really wasn't even needed.
Kthompson080

Post by Kthompson080 »

I liked Divergent. The second book kind of nose dived and the third completely crashed. I can't stand endings like that. I need HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. I know it's not realistic for every story to end well, but I escape to books so I can GET AWAY from the everyday sadness. If I could rewrite that ending I might recommend it a little more.
Liz_Flores
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-flores.html

Post by Liz_Flores »

:D I so agree with you, The whole divergent series didn't only blow my mind but it seriously changed my lifestyle. I just love Four-Hes so Awesome!!!

-- 28 Oct 2014, 11:42 --

:D I so agree with you, The whole divergent series didn't only blow my mind but it seriously changed my lifestyle. I just love Four-Hes so Awesome!!!
athyvip
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athyvip.html

Post by athyvip »

As much as I loved the series, I felt as if Veronica should've kept the mood slightly less.... depressing. Divergent was overall quite cheery and you expected that from Insurgent and Allegiant, but instead you got something quite different.
I have yet to read Four, but I can't find a copy at my local library.
Liz_Flores
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-flores.html

Post by Liz_Flores »

Thats exactly what I did, I read the first book in the series, Divergent, five times because it was so great- I couldn't put it down- I literaly gave it to my sister because I couldn't stop reading it! Its the book of all times! :P
cmp librarian
Favorite Author: Karren Hancock
Favorite Book: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmp-librarian.html
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry

Post by cmp librarian »

I enjoyed Divergent but it wasn't my favorite. I enjoyed Hunger Games and the series Matched by Ally Condie better.
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry
Hadiqa
Favorite Author: Infinite
Favorite Book: Hundreds
Currently Reading: How The Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadiqa.html

Post by Hadiqa »

Not the favourite book but enjoyed it. I love Hunger games too!
bookreviewsbynoel

Post by bookreviewsbynoel »

I enjoyed the first two books but then started getting bored with the last two books. :roll:
Jazza32

Post by Jazza32 »

I loved the movie so much, I have downloaded the book Divergent to my Kindle for reading in the near future. I am looking forward to the read. If it is anything like or similar to the movie, I'm sure it is going to be a brilliant book.
unicorny07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicorny07.html

Post by unicorny07 »

I thought the series was so intense. I loved it. I basically read the entire series wide eyed in shock. I felt the movie followed the book pretty well, so that pleased me. I'm annoyed by movies that change so many aspects of the original story.

Return to “"Divergent" by Veronica Roth”