Being fearless versus learning to control your fears?

Discuss the June 2014 book of the month Divergent by Veronica Roth. While only Divergent--the first book of the series--is the book of the month, feel free to use this subforum to discuss the rest of the series or to talk about the movies, but make sure not to post spoilers unless noted in the topic title.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Being fearless versus learning to control your fears?

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

Being fearless is about owing your insecurities and be strong either way. Having control of our fears is trying to move pass them, accept them and try to live without letting your fears take the best of you.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Becoming fearless is learning to control your fears. You learn to control your reaction to them, if they're no longer control you, congratulations you're fearless. If they still control you, then you still need to learn to become fearless
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

*Not being afraid means that you are going to do things that could be dangerous for yourself and you go straight ahead as if it doesn't matter, instead learning to control noise means that you can be afraid in some situation and despite that you are cautious Knowing that you can get over it.
*No, not everyone can be really reckless, there are very few people who would dare to do anything.
*I think that Tris refers to the fact that there are different points of view, depending on which one you look at is that you have a particular panorama, it depends on how you see it in your mind, you are going to face it or not.
Krishi Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishi-shah.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Krishi Shah »

I don't think any human should think of themselves as invincible, and having no fears might make them think just that. But a person who has fears but also has the strength to work through them is of commendable character.
Krishi Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishi-shah.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Krishi Shah »

Having no fears never allows you the opportunity to be brave. Overcoming your fears defines bravery, so I think it's definitely the better option.
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

Fearless is not the absence of fear but bravery despite it. It is how we choose to fight over our fears and not succumb to it.
Sunday Onuorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-onuorah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Sunday Onuorah »

I think Tris means that half of bravery is the way you look at things. Also I don't think there is a such thing as being fearless, whether it be fear of public speaking or fear of heights you're always going to be fearful of something.

Return to “"Divergent" by Veronica Roth”