Review by SarahHudon20 -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SarahHudon20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahhudon20.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Review by SarahHudon20 -- A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by SarahHudon20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Bloody Book" by Chris Bowen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“A Bloody Book.” This book is amazing- and nothing at all like I was expecting. I thought this book would be about seriel killing, or something as easily bloody and violent.
However, “A Bloody Book” takes the reader on a psychological ride. The pain in this book mauls out your soul and proceeds to beat it up. You can feel the deep sorrow, depression, and rage in the author in a way that I have never experienced before when reading. The pain in each sentence is not only tangible, but illustrated in a unique, compelling comparison to a bleeding book. The trauma that this author has gone through is evident in every stage of his writing, and makes you, the reader, feel as if the pain and abuse is happening to you.
The Author also writes in a curious style. His style is like a mix of Mark Twain and Lemony Snicket, breaking the fourth wall often. His use of language, sentence structure, and dialect is so well done, that you can hear him talking to you.
His characters are full of depth. The protagonist has some serious morality flaws, and the antagonist(s) have redeeming qualities. The reader is fully inside of the protagonist’s head, understanding the world around him from the view of a third grader, eighth grader, and adult, leading to greater insight.
I am rating this book 4/4, for excellent plot, characters, conflict, and writing style.

A Bloody Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like SarahHudon20's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”