Review by Allibaba2902 -- Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Allibaba2902
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allibaba2902.html
Latest Review: Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

Review by Allibaba2902 -- Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

Post by Allibaba2902 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Code Name: Dodger" by Eric Auxier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier was a great book. The theme of the book is Spy based and it definitely lived up to its name. The book moved swiftly and smoothly and didn't take to long to get to the main point. Once you get into the book it completely grabs the reader attention and doesn't allow you to leave until you have completed the book. What I really like the most is that is really diverse in cultures, it doesn't dip into only one part of the culture but more.

I like how the book gave a sense of suspense in some parts. It made you want to read faster to find out what happens. It takes your focus away from everything else, sucking you in until you finish it. I can honestly say this series is a hit. It takes you on an entire roller coaster ride of emotions, having you gripping the seat and waiting for more. The books show's new bond forming while the old one gets stronger. This book really does have a complex but easy to understand the storyline.

The books are through the viewpoint of the main character Justice Reed. With his mother having passed away many years ago and his father had just passed away. Justice, who like to be called Justin was shipped to North Brooklyn Juvenile Home. Knowing that his fathers killer was still out there Justine was never content with his life. So when a small opportunity had risen to allow him to find the man that caused him to be orphaned he took it. Not giving up on that one day his fathers killer would be caught. However, the story behind his father's murder is deeper than he originally thought. Still, with a great deal of conviction, he still jumped head first in finding the killer even if it put his life on the line. With not much luck on his side and being in the run at the same time, Justin set out to find the man who killed his father. While finding friend unusual friend along the way.

It was exceptional, with the storyline having many plot twists. I give this book a 4 out of 4. It was written flawlessly and with great detail, it gave outstanding descriptions that allowed you to imagine, exactly what was happening in the story. I didn't give this book 3 stars because this book is too great to not get a full rating. There are very little mistakes and you would hardly notice them with how into this book you can get. I enjoy that Justin has strong loyalty, he doesn't believe in leaving anyone behind and he has a strong sense of determination. That's what I can relate to, the fact that he goes after what he wants.

If you like action-packed books filled with teen adventure than this is the type of book that you would read. There are crime, action, and adventure with a touch of romance all packed into this book. It definitely takes a reader on a ride full of fun, stress and just a little frustration. The main character has a strong sense of trust for those he cares about. Therefore if you enjoy charters that don't give in to other people pressuring them, then this is for you, There is also a touch of romance in it but its really not the main focus of the book. There is a sense of comedy that I find enjoyable as well as it's not completely serious.

This book can be enjoyed by people of all ages. In my opinion you don't have to be in a certain age group to enjoy this book.

Code Name: Dodger
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Allibaba2902's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”