Official Review: Memory Walker by Carly Marino

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Memory Walker by Carly Marino

Post by kandscreeley »

gen_g wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 00:19 Thea reminds me a little of X-Men's Rogue, albeit with memories instead of energy! Sneaking away to read a book is a high recommendation - I'm definitely placing this on my to-read list. Thanks for the review, Kandscreeley!
I can see why you'd say that. I hope that you do find time to read it and enjoy it! Thanks for commenting.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

One of the things that really engages me in a story is realistic characters. In this young adult novel, even though Thea has special powers, she's a typical teenager. She just wants to be normal. She wants to go to prom and kiss a boy. In addition to the realistic characters, I enjoyed trying to figure out who was on her side. The line between good and bad was a bit blurred, which makes for greater enjoyment.
Realistic characters truly engages me in a story as well. Also, I like the blurred lines between good and bad.

Thank you for the great review as always.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Kajori50 wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 15:48
One of the things that really engages me in a story is realistic characters. In this young adult novel, even though Thea has special powers, she's a typical teenager. She just wants to be normal. She wants to go to prom and kiss a boy. In addition to the realistic characters, I enjoyed trying to figure out who was on her side. The line between good and bad was a bit blurred, which makes for greater enjoyment.
Realistic characters truly engages me in a story as well. Also, I like the blurred lines between good and bad.

Thank you for the great review as always.
This is definitely a book worth reading. I recommend it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

This sounds absolutely brilliant! And the amazing cover is an unreal added bonus. I'm half expecting there to be something wrong with the characters or plot or something because it seems too good to be true. Definitely looking into this one! Thanks for the review. :tiphat:
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Crazyreader01 wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 07:49 This sounds absolutely brilliant! And the amazing cover is an unreal added bonus. I'm half expecting there to be something wrong with the characters or plot or something because it seems too good to be true. Definitely looking into this one! Thanks for the review. :tiphat:
It's one of my favorite genres (actually two in one, young adult and science fiction/fantasy). I definitely recommend it if that's your forte. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”