House of night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hailey_Gardner
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailey-gardner.html

Re: House of night

Post by Hailey_Gardner »

I keep almost reading this series and then I put it off. I'm definitely going to read it now that I see people saying its a good series.
Charlotteniblett7
Currently Reading:

Post by Charlotteniblett7 »

I'm just about to read the final book in the series, and ive been disappointed by the end of several series recently (spoke stackhouse series, morganville) so I hope this one doesn't fall flat!!
Ashley1305
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley1305.html

Post by Ashley1305 »

Like others I too really got into the series to start with, however feel like it could have come to a natural end a couple of books ago as the more recent twists add nothing to the plot.
I think the characters are well written however and like the accompanying novellas, would like to see these for the accompanying characters such as Zooey's friends and her grandmother.
jmeza10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmeza10.html

Post by jmeza10 »

I love the series, i haven't had the time to read the last two that have come out though. A total Stark fan though!
“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power" — David Brin
CYMH090909
Favorite Author: P.C. Cast
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cymh090909.html
fav_author_id: 4610

Post by CYMH090909 »

I have read every book in the House of Night series and I absolutely loved them! I love how P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast incorporated real life place into their fictional books and how all the characters come together and could very possibly be real every day people besides being vampires and fledgling vampires. The only thing I haven't read is the House of Night novellas like Kalona's Fall. My only real problem with this series was when it stated jumping character to character as chapters instead of coming from one person's point of view. Although it does give you a better perspective about what is going on with everyone and just not one person. I feel like you pretty much fall in love with all of the characters even the evil ones.
Shelby_Reads

Post by Shelby_Reads »

I started reading these books in the 6th grade, I'm now a senior in high school. I'm on the last book and despite everything I've rolled my eyes at, like the boy drama and the fact that Neferet literally NEVER DIES, I'm going to seriously miss these books. I introduced my friend to them and since then, we've called each other twin, corny I know. I'm glad there's some people out there at actually like/love/enjoy the book. Hands down, Haunted and Tempted (despite that ending) are my favorites out of them all. I will forever love these characters. :D
CYMH090909

Post by CYMH090909 »

Shelby_Reads wrote:I started reading these books in the 6th grade, I'm now a senior in high school. I'm on the last book and despite everything I've rolled my eyes at, like the boy drama and the fact that Neferet literally NEVER DIES, I'm going to seriously miss these books. I introduced my friend to them and since then, we've called each other twin, corny I know. I'm glad there's some people out there at actually like/love/enjoy the book. Hands down, Haunted and Tempted (despite that ending) are my favorites out of them all. I will forever love these characters. :D
Wow you make me feel so old! I'm 24 and I absolutely loved these books. I too am sad that it's the end but maybe they will revise it and do a series with them as the council? Who knows though. I just hope I'm not the only older person to like the House of Night. HAHA
*The truth doesn't always hurt*
mrswinter14

Post by mrswinter14 »

When I first started reading this series I was addicted I couldn't put them down. I made my dad buy me all the ones that were out at the time. I got to the end of what I had and the next book didn't come out for another couple of months. I pinned for that book and sort of forgot about it until I was walking through the store and I saw the book I had been waiting for I HAD to have it. I made my dad get it for me I finished that book in less than a day i didn't want to put it down. As the rest of the series started coming out I started liking them less and less...it was the same thing over and over again. I finally stopped reading and haven't gotten anything in the rest of the series. I may go back to them but I was not impressed with where the last few that I read were going.
CYMH090909

Post by CYMH090909 »

mrswinter14 wrote:When I first started reading this series I was addicted I couldn't put them down. I made my dad buy me all the ones that were out at the time. I got to the end of what I had and the next book didn't come out for another couple of months. I pinned for that book and sort of forgot about it until I was walking through the store and I saw the book I had been waiting for I HAD to have it. I made my dad get it for me I finished that book in less than a day i didn't want to put it down. As the rest of the series started coming out I started liking them less and less...it was the same thing over and over again. I finally stopped reading and haven't gotten anything in the rest of the series. I may go back to them but I was not impressed with where the last few that I read were going.
I agree that it was pretty much the same thing over and over but I just couldn't stop reading the series. I loved them regardless I just wish that the last book wouldn't have ended the way it did. Knowing you didn't finish reading the series makes it hard to discuss the whole series. No disrespect or anything but if you can finish the series it might change your mind.
*The truth doesn't always hurt*
darwarren04

Post by darwarren04 »

I just finished Hidden and it was good. can't wait to get the next book in the series.
Landeckja

Post by Landeckja »

I started reading this series when they first came out (I was in high school at the time) and I loved them! But I must say once the series finally ended last year I decided to take up reading the entire series again start to finish and I just couldn't get into it! For one it was very annoying how every single time she used the name her grandmother called her they explained over and over again what it meant like we didn't catch it the first 100 times. I will say though that I think it is a good read for high school age although sometimes a bit to risqué for younger girls!
Rebel Angel
Favorite Author: Kay Hooper
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebel-angel.html
fav_author_id: 3327

Post by Rebel Angel »

I love this series! I'm about half way through Hidden right now. Im so sad that I know there is only two more after this. Then I'll start on the other books. Has anyone got the fledging hand book? If so was it any good?
Smilioso
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Smilioso »

I am a fan of House of Night, the only reason iIhave as of yet finished reading the series is because my best friend spoiled me on what happened on the third book. When I am reading the books , time passes by likeblink of an eye. I get consumed in the storyline that nothing else filters in my House of Night bouble.
Mara

Post by Mara »

Totally loved the House of Night books.

Everything get's explained in so much detail it's as if you are there with the characters. It's completely different from other Vampire books. I adore Zoe and her gang and don't forget about Aphrodite she just makes it so much more interesting.
It was really hard when Stevie Rae died got this huge lump in my throat - but then she comes back and everything just escalates form there.

If you liked HON than you would probably also enjoy L.J Smith's The Secret Circle.
speedreader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedreader.html

Post by speedreader »

This series is absolutely incredible. I loved every word! The way that P.C. Cast writes it pulls you in. I love how her and Kristen create an entire world, and the way that Kristen makes it a realistic teenage experience is amazing. P.C.'s portrayal of love, loss, and teen angst, all the while giving the added drama of changing schools, boyfriends, and families, not to mention species! They hold such accuracy for what its like to deal with change. The vampire aspect is just icing on the cake :)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”