House of night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annaxx
Bookshelf Size: 0

House of night

Post by Annaxx »

Sooo anyone else love Zoey and the gang? Im half way through reading Destined and I gotta say it's pretty good :D
Wind Wise
Favorite Author: Gaston Leroux
Favorite Book: Phantom of the Opera
Currently Reading: Red Transplanted Tales by Kate Serine
fav_author_id: 2894

Post by Wind Wise »

Yay! Another HON fan! I've read the other 8, but I haven't gotten around to reading Destined yet!
I love to read!

My top 3 fave books:
1. Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux
2. Phantom- Susan Kay
3. Speak- Laurie Halse Anderson

I need to record her voice babbling so I can listen to it when she's not around- Wintergirls
jack7878

Post by jack7878 »

Can anyone recommend some books for me?

I really enjoyed Orwell's 1983, Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey and The Hunger Games.
I also just finished The Postmortal which was ok.

I've just finished university so I've finally got time to read books that arn't assigned text!
Safia

Post by Safia »

I'm not really a fan of HON, but I've read the first eight. And I have to say they keep getting better with every book! It seemed kiddish at first but the later books got really intense.
jitty

Post by jitty »

I used to love HoN until I think the six book or so. After that they seemed to get worse and I couldn't read them anymore. I was very disappointed.
hdg1822

Post by hdg1822 »

I am a HoN fan! I am waiting on Destined and Lenobia's vow from the local library. Which one is your favorite book? I like how the author's keep it rather realistic throwing in issues that normal teenagers have. I greatly enjoy Zoey's grandmother. She is a great addition, that in my opinion, helps to keep Zoey grounded.
DivineIntervention
Favorite Book: The tenth circle
Currently Reading: Fifty shades of Grey

Post by DivineIntervention »

I absolutely loved them at first but now it feels like she's dragging the books out and scraping around for ideas, I'd rather she made more separate series than the huge house of night series, the story line has to change.
But, I love the characters in the novel they're all great and you can fall in love with them all so easily! :)
writerworld

Post by writerworld »

:D I am in love with this series, just love it. When I read them I do not want to put them down, I can reread them over as soon as I finish the last chapter, actually did that to. :mrgreen:
jetcoffee18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jetcoffee18.html

Post by jetcoffee18 »

I love the HON series but I don't think I would let my 12 or 14 yr old child read them as they do have sex in the books. But me as an adult to love them alot. :lol:
Demonica13

Post by Demonica13 »

I am a huge HON fan!!!!! I am currently reading the series over again for the fifth time. I am on the third book and I have got to say that they are better and better the more I read them.The HON series is the best books that I have read in a long while.

Now if only I can finish my collection of them!!!!!
laura_askew88
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-askew88.html
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman

Post by laura_askew88 »

I really like this series too, although I don't think i could read them over again. So many books!!! I am waiting for the new release this October!
Latest Review: "Algebra Simplified Basic and Intermediate" by Kerry Kauffman
shill2012
Favorite Author: To Many to list
Favorite Book: I have al lot thst i reread.
Currently Reading: Chronicles of Nick series

Post by shill2012 »

I love this series i am glad they are still writing it. I have always been a huge fan of P.C Cast and they way this series has different ideas behind others is whats this so unique and compelling to read on and find out what will happen to all the main characters in the series.
MirandaRo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mirandaro.html

Post by MirandaRo »

I loved this series in the beginning, but I started to get disappointed as the books went on. I still read them and enjoy them, but I feel like the quality has gone down :/
Rai

Post by Rai »

I really liked this series for a while. Then it just started to get overly complicated. It seems like they just started throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the books just to keep it going. I finally gave up on the series when the two Casts decided it would be a good idea to kill off Jack. They've killed characters before, but for some reason his death bothered me the most.
brittany_gillespie

Post by brittany_gillespie »

I am absolutely in love with these novels. The author did an amazing job writing them. The story line flows from book to book seamlessly and always keeps you interested and pinning after the next book that is coming out. Zoey and the gang are amazing, the detail the author goes into makes you feel like you know each and every one of them like you have been friends for years. the twists and turns presented in these novels will leave you spinning and wondering what can be dropped on this gang next. i would recommend these books to anyone, i actually got a co-worker addicted lol :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”