Unpopular good YA books?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bananafish5
Bookshelf Size: 0

Unpopular good YA books?

Post by Bananafish5 »

Dogs of Balboa By Rose Christo
The m.c secretly witnesses a horrific crime and runs away. For months, the guilt takes over his life, wondering what happened to the victim. But the victim shows up, in the same class as him.

Hushed by Kelley York
M.c had been killing off ppl who had hurt his childhood friend years ago, though she'll never love him back. But an encounter with a new student makes the m.c wonder if he could find redemption.

Laughing in the winds
The m.c and her family is placed in a concentration camp. Through tragedy and ppl she meets, she learns what it means to live.
spellbindingstories
Currently Reading: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by spellbindingstories »

I don't know exactly how underrated it is, but Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson totally stole my heart. I never hear anyone talk about it, which sucks since its absolutely amazing!
00LynnMarie
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-00lynnmarie.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by 00LynnMarie »

I enjoyed the Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick. I also loved the Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini. I don't hear them talked about often, if that is what you meant by "unpopular".
"There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
Duvina Grace

Post by Duvina Grace »

Well, you can definitely try the book 'The Honest Truth'. It is brutal and heartbreaking and makes you fall in love with the character.
Eanderson531
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eanderson531.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Eanderson531 »

I loved The Girl Who Dared to Think series by Bella Forrest. I'm always recommending the series to people and am shocked that others aren't talking about how fantastic it is!
A_simple_Hamster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by A_simple_Hamster »

Well, I know many uderrated books, but as far as unpopular, every single book written by Alex Wheatle. I can't get why, I loved his Crongton Knights series and looking forward to read more (the last book, Home girl, was avaible on amazon since the fourth of April 2019, and I'm waiting the expedition). All the previous novels were amazing and thrilling, so I have high espectation on this one :mrgreen: :animals-mouse: :animals-mouse: :animals-mouse:
Karlee_Fenn
Currently Reading: The Two Towers
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karlee-fenn.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Karlee_Fenn »

I loved the Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This book was fantastic and I recommend it to everyone.
ilse-magdalene
Currently Reading: Letters to his father
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by ilse-magdalene »

What I saw and how I lied by Judy Blundell, read it in middle school and loved it, mature but not too mature and interesting
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I recommend BLOOD OF ANGELS (Elioud Chronicles Book 1). This is the first in the series and is very fresh but also very promising! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6QKMNY

camillegermo
Currently Reading: This Will Only Hurt a Little
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by camillegermo »

David Levithan's books are pretty underrated to me; I don't hear a lot of people talking about his works. My favorite novel of his is "Everyday," which was recently made into a movie but I haven't seen it.
writingShannon
Currently Reading: The Channeler
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshanmar12.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by writingShannon »

I just finished reviewing A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen. I was really impressed with everything except the title and the cover! I feel like it won't get the attention it deserves because of those two things.
Shannon
:techie-reference:
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

I read Zarox a while ago, which I really liked! Although it's quite young so would probably be a mix of middle grade and YA...
_kyra_

Post by _kyra_ »

spellbindingstories wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 23:15 I don't know exactly how underrated it is, but Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson totally stole my heart. I never hear anyone talk about it, which sucks since its absolutely amazing!
True same here! The plot was filled with so many twists and the ending was so not expected.
psmith5659
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psmith5659.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by psmith5659 »

They Both Die at the End is an incredible novel for YA. It follows two boys after they get the news that they will both die from unknown circumstances within the next 24 hours, and how they cope with the knowledge of the inevitable. It is both heartbreaking and uplifting, definitely worth your time.
clarygilbert20
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by clarygilbert20 »

I don't know how underrated they are, but Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth, Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton, The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller, the Underworld trilogy by Meg Cabot, books by Penelope Ward, and Penelope Douglas are some of my all-time favorites.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”