Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Leading Man by Stephen J. Blakesley

Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by TALIA ONYANGO » 10 Oct 2018, 14:54

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Novel Crystilleries of echoland is a mystery and thriller fictional novel. The leading character Will is inquisitive about her lost sister Emmy. Will have been kidnapped together with her sister at the age of two years. Will returned home to much jubilation and joy. However, his sister never returned. She hadn't been found. His father is distracted by the loss of his daughter. He is always reading newspapers and books to get a clue on his daughter's whereabouts. On the other hand, things are getting good for Will's mom who has moved on from their predicament. She is convinced that Emmy will return the same way Will returned.

At the same time, other parents are also losing their children. They are getting lost and never to be found. Will is the first of a kind to return. Parents flock his parents home in the hope that he can remember something about his captors. But he was two years when it happened and could not remember anything. How could he remember?

I loved Will's desire to bring back her sister Emmy. He sacrifices a lot to learn about his sisters whereabouts. He goes to the extent of challenging his dad and mum to do more in the search for her sister Emmy. His mother saw no need for looking for her since she believed she will return the same way will do. His love for his sister is warm. The two must have had a lovely relationship. His attempt of getting to echoland is proof of his selflessness in looking for Emmy. The boy is surely not stopping soon. Echoland is a strange land where individuals are turned into other living creatures.

Another, I loved was the attitude of Will's dad. He spends days looking for his daughter in newspaper and reading books. I found this funny considering that he was kidnapped twelve years ago. Information on persons missing for a very long time is not to be found on newspapers or book, investigations help find clues to mystery. Even the Young Will Cleary thinks it is pointless to look for a missing person in newspapers the whole day.

However, I found the discussions on echoland out of point. Does such a place exist on earth? If it exists, then where? It made the book sound like a fictional novel. Three strangers appears in Will's room and inform him that they had found his sister. She was in echoland. Moreover, Dea and Damian shape shifting into wolf and falcon was unrealistic

I would give this book a rating 2 out of 4 stars. I think the author used simple writing style. His language and humour was excellent. However, I think the plot development does not reflect the society since it is more fictional. I would recommend the book to lovers of mystery and thriller novels.

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TALIA ONYANGO's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”