Review by Pegboard -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Pegboard
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pegboard.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by Pegboard -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by Pegboard » 03 Oct 2018, 09:46

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Crystilleries of Echoland is a fantasy adventure by Dew Pellucid. The setting is in Alaska, during the dark days of winter.

As William Cleary approaches is thirteenth birthday, he questions the past disappearance of his twin sister, Emmy. His parents are just empty shells of their former themselves as they focus solely on bringing their daughter back. To the point they ignore Will. Will’s companions and guardians, Dea and Damian, may only be a wolf and a falcon, but their death opens a whole new world for Will. His peculiar role in his world and his echo world comes together as the importance of his birthday approaches. This started as bringing Emmy home, but became much more when he discovers the role he plays in both worlds.

The Crystilleries of Echoland presents an intriguing plot which makes the reader think about other unseen worlds in our midst. I felt sorry for this young teen as he had to take initiative to enter his sister’s world though it brought his own nightmares to life. The author creates unique circumstances that this boy must navigate through even if it could be the death of his echo, or himself. The author tested his bravery and determination amidst troubling times. I love how Dew Pellucid used Will to show perseverance and instills the importance of family.

It fascinated me with the two realms presented in this book though I took awhile to understand that everyone had their own “echo” or duplicate in echoland. If a person died, their echo was hunted and destroyed. We represent “sound” to the “echoes”, which is an enchanting thought.

The main character is likable and has to be daring to accomplish his mission. The author’s descriptions throughout the novel gives a complete feel to the book and characters. I felt I was entering a new world without losing touch with this existence. This novel is well written with inspiring characters, but I found the Fate Sealers creepy.

I loved the unique theme and the creativity Dew Pellucid put into this novel. It opens a new world with many possibilities. I rate this a 4 out of 4 stars. I would highly recommend it to young adults interested in adventure. Let me also point out, the illustrated pictures within this novel are first class and add much to the book. There is one or two images for each chapter that add meaning and depth to the topic.

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Pegboard's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”