Maximum Ride Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelle934
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Maximum Ride Series

Post by Chelle934 »

Yesterday I finished Maximum Ride Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson. I absolutely love love love this series. From the first page of the first book you get engulfed in the series. The series is about these kids who were in a place called the school where they were experimented on, and were given wings and other hybrid features. Max is the leader of the group and is protective of her group. I think the third book was fast paced and it ended with a cliff hanger that I need the answer to. Cannot wait to start the next book in this series!!!
PoisonWhiteRose
Currently Reading: Lion Heart
Bookshelf Size: 1967
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poisonwhiterose.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PoisonWhiteRose »

The series as a whole is amazing and so so good. I loved it and still do love it. It almost becomes an instant classic to you.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

I have read bits and pieces of this series and find it fascinating every time that I think of it
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I've read most of the series and agree that it is good. Max is a very strong heroine.
Chelle934
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Chelle934 »

PoisonWhiteRose wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 11:50 The series as a whole is amazing and so so good. I loved it and still do love it. It almost becomes an instant classic to you.
Yes I agree!! Onto the next book haha
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

Maximum Ride was such a thrill to read! I loved it so much. The characters are all very dear to me and the books were wonderfully crafted! I did not like the last books in the series as much as the first few books, but I still enjoyed them.
jennahen1518
Currently Reading: Code Name: Dodger
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jennahen1518 »

I started this series in the 5th grade. My best friend and I would read it on the bus every day, and call each other to read over the phone. The books are easy reads. The short chapters make for quick page turning, and it’s so easy to “just one more chapter” yourself into another hour of reading.

The first three books were the best. I didn’t learn until adulthood that the series continued to actually include nine books in total. I finished the series in total last year.

While I didn’t enjoy the later books as much as the earlier ones, I did appreciate that the characters remained constant - the changes in character development were natural to the storyline and conflicts they faced. Also, in the last book, they finally get the “end of the world” plot that is touched on over and over in the earlier books.

Overall, it’s a great series perfect for getting young readers in engaged reading habits and help develop a genuine love of reading.
Mariette15
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness
Currently Reading: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 3220

Post by Mariette15 »

I had started reading it when I was in 8th grade, so a little beyond the age it was meant for, I guess. I didn't finish the first book, and the reason is because the books were a little too fast paced, things jumping from one scene to another, and I thought that was more suited for comics rather than a book. It wasn't to my taste, but when I read the graphic novels, I had honestly gotten into it. I haven't really finished the series, but it's pretty good.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”