Official Review: Brooklyn Salt by James Scorzelli

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Brooklyn Salt by James Scorzelli

Post by Kareka88 »

Cecilia_L wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 10:53 This character-building novel was an enjoyable read that moved at a fast pace. I found the characters Joel and Grub to be genuine and relatable to young adults. On the other hand, the Thompson family came across a little too perfect and therefore, were less relatable. While the plot was somewhat predictable, I appreciated the age-appropriate themes it represented including faith, family, friendship, bullying, good conquering evil, and dealing with conflict. As a parent, I valued the positive message conveyed through the pages.
This book sounds like a great novel for kids. How to deal with bullies and conflict in a biblical manner are subjects that can be difficult for teens to navigate. Thank you for your thorough and informative review. I am going to look into this one a little further.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Kareka88 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 16:14
Cecilia_L wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 10:53 This character-building novel was an enjoyable read that moved at a fast pace. I found the characters Joel and Grub to be genuine and relatable to young adults. On the other hand, the Thompson family came across a little too perfect and therefore, were less relatable. While the plot was somewhat predictable, I appreciated the age-appropriate themes it represented including faith, family, friendship, bullying, good conquering evil, and dealing with conflict. As a parent, I valued the positive message conveyed through the pages.
This book sounds like a great novel for kids. How to deal with bullies and conflict in a biblical manner are subjects that can be difficult for teens to navigate. Thank you for your thorough and informative review. I am going to look into this one a little further.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comment.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”