Official Review: Terror's Identity by Sarah Maury Swan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Official Review: Terror's Identity by Sarah Maury Swan

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Terror's Identity" by Sarah Maury Swan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Terror’s Identity by Sarah Maury Swan follows the life of Aiden Knox and his family. When a terrorist group is after them due to his father’s secret service job, he must leave his old life behind and take on a new identity. Their deaths’ were staged in Illinois to throw the terrorist off their trail and they move to an industrial town of Dundalk, Maryland. The story describes the struggle of having an absentee father; his work keeping him away while Aiden has to fit into the role of being the man of the family and protecting both his mother and sister. It also shows the pressure of fitting in at a new school with a completely different identity and trying to keep all the family secrets hidden so that the terrorist can’t find them. As if, being a teenager, having to deal with a new identity and having terrorist after him wasn’t enough he has to deal with a teacher/coach who is trying to brainwash him into a religion he doesn’t want to follow and may have succeeded with his sister, Maya. Around/Outside of school a beautiful Arabian girl named Basilah and a green car are following Aiden. Aiden realizes that the terrorist group might be closer than his family knows and that the old saying, “you should never judge a book by its cover” is true.

There were many things I like about this story. The author accurately shows the struggle of being teenager and making mistakes especially when it could lead to your family being killed. She also shows you should always be faithful to yourself no matter what identity you have to take on. I also like Aiden’s character; how all he wants to have is a normal life, not have to lie to everyone around him, and he stands up for what he believes is right even though everybody else was afraid to. He also doesn’t try to tell anyone else what beliefs or religion they should follow because he thinks it’s more important to understand that there is no right answer.

There’s not a lot that I disliked about the book. There was one thing that I found confusing; the FBI investigated that the family’s next location is without a terrorist cell but they should still be careful not to lead the terrorist there. The town was having problems that should have alerted them to problems like people’s identity/bank information being stolen and realizing it was already a stronghold for them. When Aiden meets Basilah she lied and said she was in his class; it was never really explained why she did that. Also, the ending left some questions unanswered and felt rushed into being finished. There was not anything else that I disliked about the book.

I think readers would enjoy this young adult novel. It has a bit of everything from crime, romance, educational and religion. It was also an easy read and an interesting storyline that I think readers would find enjoyable. I like how readers can relate to what Aiden is going through because people can empathize with their parents’ decisions effecting their own life and the struggle he has to go through at a time when you are finding/learning about yourself.

I rate this a 3 out of 4 stars. I’m giving it this rating because even though I enjoyed the story there were a few parts that were confusing or questions were left unanswered. I found no spelling or grammatical errors while reading. I would recommend this book to readers interested in reading young adult novels.

Terror's Identity
View: on Bookshelves

Like ObsessedBookNerd's review? Post a comment saying so!
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

While the confusing parts could be a turn off, the plot is still interesting. Thank you for your review.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Although this book has an engaging plot, yet loose ends not tied up are a big turn-off for me. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”