Official Review: Losing Normal by Francis Moss

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Losing Normal by Francis Moss

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for a great review. I love fast-paced books. This look to be a taste of the future with AI's trying to take over. Will add this one to my bookshelf
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

As an individual that works with people that are on the autism spectrum, I like the idea of their brains being the case of how to defeat an AI.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Lunastella wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:54 I usually don´t go for sci-fi, but this book really has an original premise! And it´s quite thought-provoking too if you think in the resistance as people who still use their imagination and criteria and in the AI technology as the control that the media has over us. Plus, the main character sounds so interesting!
Great review, thanks!
Thank you.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

trajoe1206 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 19:38 Thanks for a great review. I love fast-paced books. This look to be a taste of the future with AI's trying to take over. Will add this one to my bookshelf
Thank you.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

holsam_87 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 00:37 As an individual that works with people that are on the autism spectrum, I like the idea of their brains being the case of how to defeat an AI.
Thanks for your comment.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Addictive TV moving out of the home, to public places and school, with only those with a 'different ' brain function being immune to the siren call? Wow, this is riveting! The minor editing issues is a pity.

Thanks for a great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Cotwani wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 04:33 Addictive TV moving out of the home, to public places and school, with only those with a 'different ' brain function being immune to the siren call? Wow, this is riveting! The minor editing issues is a pity.

Thanks for a great review!
Thank you very much.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

This has a unique plot incorporating Alex, a human with Asperger's syndrome an an AI named Sophie. The situation is something apocalyptic. I wonder how the story unfolds and what lessons readers could get in it.

Too bad too hear about the errors. I hope the author would have it proofread. Thanks for the candid review.
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Dolor wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 04:53 This has a unique plot incorporating Alex, a human with Asperger's syndrome an an AI named Sophie. The situation is something apocalyptic. I wonder how the story unfolds and what lessons readers could get in it.

Too bad too hear about the errors. I hope the author would have it proofread. Thanks for the candid review.
Thank you. :tiphat:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I've been reading and watching a lot of AI-related pieces lately (and bound to do more, I think), and this one surely fits in. I appreciate technology and all its benefits in ensuring efficiency, seamlessness, and other benefits on how we do things. However, it's quite mind-boggling how non-humans could already manipulate humans into submission and, thus, I do hope that our thinkers and inventors are able to come up with ways to mitigate if not totally rule out the disadvantages. I like stories like this because they open up our minds to possibilities and allow us to prepare accordingly. Like you, I would hope that there were no grammatical errors that warrant a lower score, too.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Espie wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 05:31 I've been reading and watching a lot of AI-related pieces lately (and bound to do more, I think), and this one surely fits in. I appreciate technology and all its benefits in ensuring efficiency, seamlessness, and other benefits on how we do things. However, it's quite mind-boggling how non-humans could already manipulate humans into submission and, thus, I do hope that our thinkers and inventors are able to come up with ways to mitigate if not totally rule out the disadvantages. I like stories like this because they open up our minds to possibilities and allow us to prepare accordingly. Like you, I would hope that there were no grammatical errors that warrant a lower score, too.
Yes, it’s a scary thing about AI that logic is easy but a moral code is almost impossible. Thanks for posting.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Losing Normal sounds like an interesting book about (AI) Sophie running an automatic entertainment system where people are addicted and glued to the screen watching movies and shows. It could be a scary thing if the system is controlling people. How will Alex and Sara protect themselves and others from the system? Sara sounds like a good friend to Alex to help him maintain some balance to be able to function in spite of his Asperger's Syndrome condition.
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Spath »

Very nice review. Scifi isnt my cup of tea . I agree with you about good editing. A book of good content can be hurt when the editing is not thorough.
There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

LV2R wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 05:46 Losing Normal sounds like an interesting book about (AI) Sophie running an automatic entertainment system where people are addicted and glued to the screen watching movies and shows. It could be a scary thing if the system is controlling people. How will Alex and Sara protect themselves and others from the system? Sara sounds like a good friend to Alex to help him maintain some balance to be able to function in spite of his Asperger's Syndrome condition.
Thanks for commenting :tiphat:
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Spath wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 05:54 Very nice review. Scifi isnt my cup of tea . I agree with you about good editing. A book of good content can be hurt when the editing is not thorough.
Thank you :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”