Review by ValBookReviews -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Review by ValBookReviews -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Island Games" by Caleb J. Boyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The holy bible declares: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing".

Likewise, Island Games, Mystery of The Four Quadrants by Caleb J. Boyer is a similar, outstanding tale about two friends, Mathew and Ryan, whom by which the testing of their faith, coupled with some patients produce a complete and perfect work. In addition, they discover their true meaning and recognize the value of their friendship.

And, as they press their way through the mysterious jungle, prairie, desert, and the highlands, Matthew and Ryan tap into the warriors within and their friendship grow as they become closer than before. But the real question is; would they ever become comfortable with the uncertainty of not knowing "who" and "why" was causing it?

Besides that, the island games will astound you. The life lessons in overcoming dreadful obstacles are remarkable, and the rewards will surprise you. Moreover, ask yourself, if this were you, would you be up for the challenges? How far would you go to prove that you have what it takes? No doubt, I've been challenged to prove myself and grow beyond what I least expected.

With that, I like that Matthew and Ryan learn to totally depend upon each other throughout the most grueling conditions. Additionally, I appreciate how the young award-winning author, Caleb J. Boyer expound on their distinct personalities as they also learn to use their God-given talents and abilities to work well as an extraordinary team.

To boot, I'm impressed that Matthew and Ryan realized that they are stronger and braver together when they face their most difficult tasks, such as battling the ugliest beasts and won. And when they accepted that, they approached every challenging quadrant differently. True enough, as biblical probed, "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?"

Which of course leads me to the uncomfortable piece of this review: what I do not like about Island Games, Mystery of The Four Quadrants. Now keep in mind, in as much as to what I like, I do not like several of the tests. They seemed very redundant. Allow me to clarify. Although I appreciate an element of surprises and I understand that this book is written from a youth's perspective, I simply do not enjoy dragged out storylines and open-ended cliff-hangers.

Furthermore, even though there are a few grammatical errors and I somewhat like the plot, I specifically rate and applaud Island Games, Mystery of The Four Quadrants 4 out of 4 stars for promoting acts of faith, commitment, imagination, hard work and team-building skills. I believe the overall message will inspire any person that reads it.

As well as Caleb concludes so do I, "As the platform is rising, the temperature is climbing, and the pressure is building, how will you create the next chapter of your life?" Congratulations to this amazing young award-winning author, Caleb J. Boyer!

Island Games
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ValBookReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. It's great that you've found the book relevant and worth reading.

Team effort is good, indeed. Like you, I'd prefer happier endings, too.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

It still shocks me that this book has such depth, considering the author was 12 when he wrote it. I loved your review - thanks so much!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

Great review i enjoyed reading Island games, what a book.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Espie wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 22:53 Thank you for your review. It's great that you've found the book relevant and worth reading.

Team effort is good, indeed. Like you, I'd prefer happier endings, too.
Awesome! Yes, indeed! And thank you for taking the time to read it and reply. :tiphat:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Bianka Walter wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 08:18 It still shocks me that this book has such depth, considering the author was 12 when he wrote it. I loved your review - thanks so much!
Indeed, that's so amazing. And thank you so much for also taking the time to read it and reply. :tiphat:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Asavela wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 19:27 Great review i enjoyed reading Island games, what a book.
Thank you! Yes, Island games is something else! My son enjoyed it as well. :tiphat:
Highlander777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-highlander777.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Highlander777 »

Review of island games by Caleb J.Boyer

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”