Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Include the name of the book, and if possible the author's name, in the title of the topic. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Meghna_Devasper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Post by Meghna_Devasper » 21 Jun 2018, 10:46

Genre : Young Adult Fiction

Madeleine 'Maddy' Whittier hasn't left her house. Not once in 17 years. She suffered from SCID. She didn't have long if she left the house to smell the fresh air of the nature, or the chirping of birds, or even go to a normal school in town.

But then, Oliver 'Olly' Bright happened. She couldn't help but fall for his quirkiness. Everything about him was perfect, just like she had imagined.

Maddy wanted to leave the house and explore the world, hear the sound of the waves at a beach, be treated like everyone else. Madeleine wasn't a normal teenager.

But was she really dying?

A captivating story of love and betrayal, Everything Everything is carefully written plot with twists and turns that are sure to surprise you. Nicola Yoon, an upcoming writer, has certainly surprised us with her first book.

It could have had better descriptions, language and a clearer ending. But it's an impressive start for a budding author.

A must read for anyone who loves adorable love stories.This book won't disappoint you.

Suitable for readers above 13 years of age

Tamorie21
2018 Reading Goal: 45
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: China Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Tamorie21 » 07 Jul 2018, 12:53

I'm that (guilty) person who watches the movie before reading the book. The movie was really nice, I enjoyed it all the way through, as far as I can remember, and it was great for a 13 hr plane ride!

I bought the book before even going on my trip, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to read it... I think I'm cautious to likely end up comparing the book to the movie (which ruins the thrill of a good book/movie).

Meghna_Devasper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Meghna_Devasper » 07 Jul 2018, 13:08

You will find the book better :) Unless you prefer visuals over words. But it's a well written book, with a few too many illustrations.

Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Tamorie21
2018 Reading Goal: 45
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: China Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Tamorie21 » 07 Jul 2018, 20:34

Meghna_Devasper wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 13:08
But it's a well written book, with a few too many illustrations.
Haha so you're not a fan of illustrations in novels?

And I think I will! Maybe I'll start reading it next weekend. I mean, it's just collecting "dust" on my Nook as it is. I'm not gonna lie, I really do enjoy visuals, but a well-written book is no less entertaining :)

Fuzaila
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Murder at the Orient Express
Bookshelf Size: 991
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Fuzaila » 19 Jul 2018, 02:06

I was quite disappointed with the book and I've heard the movie is worse. Great review anyhow :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”