Official Review: A Random Act Of Kindness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Re: Official Review: A Random Act Of Kindness

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds more like a novella. What a bummer that the author did not take it to the next level.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for your review and score that indicates your dissatisfaction for very short book with errors that make reading bit harder. the story sounded nice and author could have elaborated it and carefully edited it and made it more meaningful
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Well that's a shame! It started off so well too. Thanks for the helpful review. It's so frustrating when a book has been dashed off and not checked adequately.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

The fact that this book only took 15 minutes to read surprised me. The description of the plot made it seem like it should be a full-length story. That, in addition to the many errors, makes me wonder why it's even available to read. Thanks for the review though!
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

teacherjh wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 20:02 This sounds more like a novella. What a bummer that the author did not take it to the next level.
Thanks for commenting! I was definitely disappointed to see that the author did not choose to expand upon such a good idea.
BriennaiJ
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

sanjus wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 11:23 Thanks for your review and score that indicates your dissatisfaction for very short book with errors that make reading bit harder. the story sounded nice and author could have elaborated it and carefully edited it and made it more meaningful
Yes, the idea of the story was good, but the execution was just so flawed that it made it a chore to read. Thanks for commenting!
BriennaiJ

Post by BriennaiJ »

Charlaigne wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 19:02 Well that's a shame! It started off so well too. Thanks for the helpful review. It's so frustrating when a book has been dashed off and not checked adequately.
Yes, it could have been amazing! Even if it was short, if it had been edited a few more times, it could have truly been inspirational. Thanks for commenting!
BriennaiJ

Post by BriennaiJ »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 13:57 The fact that this book only took 15 minutes to read surprised me. The description of the plot made it seem like it should be a full-length story. That, in addition to the many errors, makes me wonder why it's even available to read. Thanks for the review though!
I wondered that too, especially since it is being sold as a full-price book on Amazon. Thanks for commenting!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Gosh, I was hooked on the story in the first paragraph of your review. It's such a shame when a promising premise has no chance because of editing and structure problems. I will skip this book, but appreciate your well-written, honest review. Thank you!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”