Official Review: The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack" by Gunter Schaule.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

He only wanted to be close to her…Jack was mesmerized by the girl next door, Sarah. But he knew it. She was way out of his league. When an opportunity presented itself for him to be her tutor, Jack grabbed it. Their affection steadily grew as the lessons continued. The happiness resulting from been with Sarah was almost too good to be true. Jack could not believe it; he was now with the girl of his dreams.

Later, they both left for Australia. Jack had been offered an attractive internship position and Sarah agreed to go with him. In his distraction, Jack did not notice that Sarah was spending more and more time with the surfers and more specifically, with Brad, the surfing instructor. Everything started to go south. The relationship that was once sizzling and fulfilling started to crack. Jack, however, was not ready to give up. He still hoped that Sarah would one day come back to him.

Told in different forms of dialogue, The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack by Gunter Schaule is an interesting read that chronicles the lives of Jack and Sarah as their relationship blossoms. The best feature of the book for me was the style of writing adopted by the author. It almost seemed as if Jack-one of the main characters from whose point of view the story is told-was speaking to me. Reading the thoughts of the characters added realism to the story and a layer of depth to the plot unlike if it had been written in the third person.

The captivating facts surrounding science included in the book were a great plus. The unusual nature of Jack and Sarah’s relationship made the story even more fascinating. To the reader, Jack appears to be a nerd while Sarah is outgoing and popular. Even though shy and very reserved, Jack manages to capture Sarah’s interest.

Jack’s personal growth throughout the storyline is also remarkable and inspirational.

Some places within the book include a bit of humor, suspense and emotion and ultimately make the plot stand out. They also made the conversations in The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack to be compelling.

I noticed a few errors and I would have really liked to see more suspenseful moments. Still, the book makes for a fast and fun read as the reader is taken along Jack and Sarah’s journey as they grow together, overcome issues and see the world together. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

The Big Bang Theory, Sarah and Jack
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm not a fan of teen romance, but it sounds well done.
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

The title of the novel was what first caught my attention as I am a fan of the Big Bang Theory movie and hoped it was similar in some ways. It felt same at the beginning of the review but it later took a turn totally different but in a very good. Its going to be an interesting read for me. Look forward to reading a copy. Thanks for the review.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

The story is somewhat interesting, but I find myself more intrigued by the concept in telling the story mostly through dialog.
Anthony67
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anthony67 »

The title of the Book is captivating, Jack who is a nerd and Sarah who is popular seem to be the Major characters of the Novel. The Novel is generally about Teenage Romance and is going to be interesting as they begin to explore other options.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the lovely review, the fact that the author used different dialogue forms sounds fascinating.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds quite interesting. A blend of science and romance? That's something you don't see often. Still, I don't think this one is really my cup of tea. But I do appreciate your information!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

This seems like a unique book. The catchy title really pulled me into this one. I suppose nerd and confident woman are a pairing as old as time but it still seemed cute to me!

Thanks for this review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

Great review, the title caught my eyes it a lovely book
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Thank you for such a captivating review. Although I am an adult, I am always like to watch or read about teenage romance as it is so delightful and fresh to see young love blossoms.
Suzy1611
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Suzy1611 »

The cover is an attention getter. And the review is interesting as well.
Thanks for the review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Sounds like a great book. i hope Jack got to keep Sarah. Great review.
:techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”