Official Review: Voyage of Pearl of the Seas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: Official Review: Voyage of Pearl of the Seas

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

The dreamy quality of the book makes it sound like it will be a fun story to read. It is a pity about the punctuation and grammar though. Thank you for your review.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

While I'm not a sucker for poetry, you review and the sample of the book might have convinced me to try reading this one.
kev mk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kev mk »

The writer Ruth is passing a massage about Christmas day .there is a mood of joy about that day which the writer thinks has approached .this poem is captivative
Sammyzent
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sammyzent »

This book for me is actually very nice, it actually reminds me about a lot of things though it's not really my kind of book, but because it's a good one I will give it 3 out of 4 stars.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The author seems to have a good story with a very good setting-the ocean and its beauty. However, the style of writing put me off. Thanks for the review.
Waturi_Skinyua

Post by Waturi_Skinyua »

Apart from the catchy title,the lyrical and poetic nature use to tell this Classic Christian allusioned piece of literature is top notch
Elves Ochieng

Post by Elves Ochieng »

the book is to good but the author hast to be more creative to convince the audience
RikkiW
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rikkiw.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by RikkiW »

I agree with your comments about function over form. One of the first things I noticed was the lack of commas, which made it difficult to grasp the pace of the story. The poetic nature of the writing served to distance me as the reader from the story, rather than draw me in. That being said, there was also something whimsical about the writing, which made my inner fantasy-lover swoon.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Voyage of Pearl of the Seas is a YA poetical book. The ideas are beautifully crafted but delivery falters a bit. I might read this one.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I'm not a big fan of poems, but Voyage of Pearl of the Seas seems like it is going to be interesting to fans of the genre. Congrats on BOTD.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

It is a shame that that you did not like the book to review it. However, what you do not like about it will likely make it a great read for someone else. Thanks for your intriguing comments, I am curious about the book now.
amenah06
Currently Reading:

Post by amenah06 »

The inquisitiveness of Kate and Chris draws their attention to set sail and accompanied by Holly who is prone to accident, their dreams and nightmare was inevitable. The book is quite interesting and with the mix of fiction or myth , magic or imagination, usage of poem verses and songs and phrases motivates the reader to know more about the book and educates.
With the summary of a happy ending which was a gift from the magician (a pebble) to reunite with their family that is to go back home attract children to this book because they always look forward to a happy ending
Anamitra1985
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Anamitra1985 »

Thanks for such a nice review.Truly agreed with you that it's a perfect mix of fiction and fantasy.
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

I read the short sample for this book and feel that this reviewer gave it a very accurate (and generous) review. As a writer myself, I have come to understand that you absolutely HAVE to be a stickler for grammar and sentence structure--the reviewer put it perfectly by stating that the writing style was more of a distraction from the story than a way to pull the reader in. After reading just the first paragraph I would not/could not have read the entire book; it was just too frenetic. The plot idea sounds great though, and as I'm currently reading the C.S. Lewis series to my daughter, I'd definitely love to see more similar books out there. I would recommend that the author, who obviously has good story ideas, just spend more time getting her work critiqued before considering the story finished.
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

sounds like it'd be good if you're already into that sort of thing, but i think i'm too literal a thinker and probably won't get any enjoyment from this. cheers for a cracking review though.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”