Official Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H Cronk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H Cronk

Post by gen_g »

SamSim wrote: 14 May 2018, 14:54 In sounds like, in the spirit of Black Beauty, this book helps connect us to animals and understand that they are sensitive. I like books like this. They keep society at large from underestimating animals' and pets' abilities, intelligence, and importance. Thanks for the review!
You are absolutely right about it being similar to Black Beauty, Cronk’s book certainly reminded me that animals are intuitive and intelligent creatures not to be underestimated. Thank you for your reply!
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

cpru68 wrote: 14 May 2018, 16:21 As a dog lover, I would probably find this book so enjoyable. It sounds like the author just has to do a few quick fixes to give it a top rating. I appreciate a book written by an author that has experience in the subject that he or she is writing about. That really carries through to the writing, and it seems from your review that it happened with this one. Good job on this. I enjoyed your review.
Thank you for reading and leaving a reply. Indeed, this book would have gotten a maximum rating once the formatting and grammatical errors are fixed. Furthermore, a book which is so obviously written with sincerity is always a pleasure to read.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

trajoe1206 wrote: 14 May 2018, 17:03 Thanks for the great review, although it is a shame about the grammar and formatting issues. I love the idea that the book is written from the dogs perspective. I will add this one to my list to read
Thank you for your lovely comments, I hope that you will enjoy the book as much as I did! (:
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I've seen a couple reviews on this book. It sounds amazing.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

teacherjh wrote: 15 May 2018, 10:38 I've seen a couple reviews on this book. It sounds amazing.
Thank you for the reply, it really was an enjoyable read.
Cristina Chifane
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

This book reminds me of Jack London's White Fang, a book I loved when I was young. I'd like to read about the special relationship between Singer and Ollie. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

cristinaro wrote: 16 May 2018, 03:37 This book reminds me of Jack London's White Fang, a book I loved when I was young. I'd like to read about the special relationship between Singer and Ollie. Thanks for your review!
Thank you for your kind comments! Indeed, it’s quite similar to White Fang. If you pick it up I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
JAKleeves2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakleeves2018.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by JAKleeves2018 »

Thank you for an informative review. It makes me (a dog lover) want to read this book.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I like books that are both informative and entertaining.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Beautifully written review. I think this book will be something I shall enjoy reading.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I love that this is told from the perspective of the dog! How touching! This sounds like a book I would absolutely cry over. It's hard to write about things like autism but it sounds like the author did it well. Thanks for the review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

JAKleeves2018 wrote: 16 May 2018, 08:39 Thank you for an informative review. It makes me (a dog lover) want to read this book.
Thank you for your kind comments! I hope you enjoy this book if you decide to pick it up.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Helen_Combe wrote: 16 May 2018, 12:01 Great review. I like books that are both informative and entertaining.
Thank you for reading and your kind comments.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Britty01 wrote: 16 May 2018, 13:00 Beautifully written review. I think this book will be something I shall enjoy reading.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and leaving comments! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

bb587 wrote: 16 May 2018, 15:47 I love that this is told from the perspective of the dog! How touching! This sounds like a book I would absolutely cry over. It's hard to write about things like autism but it sounds like the author did it well. Thanks for the review!
Indeed! It’s always difficult to discuss topics like autism, but I’m glad that Cronkite used such a unique technique, which helped deliver the information in an interesting way. Thank for your lovely comments, and I hope you enjoy reading the book!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”