Official Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H Cronk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Re: Official Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H Cronk

Post by Libs_Books »

There's a lot of really appealing elements here - I particularly love the connection that dogs can build with people who otherwise have problems communicating with the outside world. Shame about the editing errors, but thanks for a very wise and compassionate review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Libs_Books wrote: 18 May 2018, 05:04 There's a lot of really appealing elements here - I particularly love the connection that dogs can build with people who otherwise have problems communicating with the outside world. Shame about the editing errors, but thanks for a very wise and compassionate review.
Thank you very much for your kind comments! Indeed, it is very heartwarming to hear about the many kinds of connections which can be forged between man and dog.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

This looks like such a sweet story. I love that it is told from the dog's voice, too. I think that really would tug at those heartstrings and make it a fun read. What a great way to help people understand the importance of service dogs in supporting autism.
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 18 May 2018, 16:13 This looks like such a sweet story. I love that it is told from the dog's voice, too. I think that really would tug at those heartstrings and make it a fun read. What a great way to help people understand the importance of service dogs in supporting autism.
Thank you very much for your kind comments! It is really a great book for people to know more about the importance of service dogs.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I hope to meet Singer and Ollie very soon. Pets are really members of the family.

Thank you for a heartfelt review, gen_g!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Miriam Molina wrote: 30 May 2018, 05:26 I hope to meet Singer and Ollie very soon. Pets are really members of the family.

Thank you for a heartfelt review, gen_g!
I agree! Pets are more than just animals – they are family. Thank you for your kind comments! :D
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

Writing a story from the perspective of a dog is wonderful.I would love to know the workings of a dog's mind.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

This sounds like such a sweet story that brings attention to adoption and how animals help with developmental conditions and child growth. Its cute that the story is from the dogs point of view.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 14:44 This sounds like such a sweet story that brings attention to adoption and how animals help with developmental conditions and child growth. Its cute that the story is from the dogs point of view.
Indeed, I particularly enjoyed that the story is told from the dog's POV! Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Such a unique book. Would must definitely be interested in this one. Thank you for the review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 14:48 Such a unique book. Would must definitely be interested in this one. Thank you for the review.
I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for the comment!
KarinaBordas
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karinabordas.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KarinaBordas »

I look forward to reading Just a Shelter Dog to explore how Sally H Cronk addresses autism and the benefits of a companion animal. All too often animals are overlooked for their beneficial attributes.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

KarinaBordas wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 15:41 I look forward to reading Just a Shelter Dog to explore how Sally H Cronk addresses autism and the benefits of a companion animal. All too often animals are overlooked for their beneficial attributes.
I totally agree, they are often overlooked. Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

I love that this story is narrated from the dog's point of view, and that you researched on the author to see whether she was a reliable source of information. This is almost like a Disney movie but a little bit more realistic and darker. I also love the title 'Just a Shelter Dog' when he's clearly so much more than that.

Thank you for the review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sahar Majid wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 03:54 I love that this story is narrated from the dog's point of view, and that you researched on the author to see whether she was a reliable source of information. This is almost like a Disney movie but a little bit more realistic and darker. I also love the title 'Just a Shelter Dog' when he's clearly so much more than that.

Thank you for the review!
You're quite right about it being slightly Disney-like! Singer is definitely more than just a shelter dog, and I'm glad to have read this story. Thanks for stopping by!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”