Official Review: Beyond the Fire by Dewayne A. Jackson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Re: Official Review: Beyond the Fire by Dewayne A. Jackson

Post by N_R »

This does not sound like a book I would enjoy reading. However, I did enjoy reading your review of it; Thanks!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

:tiphat: Hats off for this wonderful Book you presented to us in full and a great review as well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ very inspiring thatโ€™s why I love everything about itโ™ฅ๏ธ I intend to read not only the Sample i got, via Kindle thanks to Amazon, but read the whole Book and be inspired by it as well!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‡ again thanks for a great Review and Congratualtions to the Author on the #BOTD๐Ÿ‘
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I don't generally enjoy Christian fiction, however, this book sounds thrilling and intense. Thank you for your review.
Emlisco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emlisco »

the book beyond the fire is a good although it mostly centered on religious belief
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Moureenkaranu »

Thanks for such a detailed review. I love reading Christian fiction novels; this one is a must read for me.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This is a book all Christians must read as its contents has a blend of both physical and spiritual warfare. The author has done a good job by writing such a comprehensive book. The reviewer is a genius.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I love Christian fiction books. Since this one is interesting and action-packed, I wouldn't want to miss it. Thanks for the review.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I like christian themed books. Based on the review, I will not be picking this one due to the rough edges and the poorly developed themes. Thanks
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

There seems to be a lot to be learnt from the book, especially about the Christian belief, although the book is fiction. The stories seems to be too deep and real question. Thanks for the review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

From the review I can tell this book has a religious tone which makes it incredible for me to read. Apart from the Bible I am glad I got something else to strengthen my christian belief.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The Christian religious-themed fiction like Beyond the Fire might be a great read for Christians, or maybe to those who like to read a less serious epic. The sample was indeed intriguing. It was thrilling, and I was anxious to find out how the rebellious prisoners and their wives escape from the punishment of the king. Though the places and the characters in the novel are fictitious, they appear to be real and active. It's good that the reviewer recommended it for a leisure reading.
Adamsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adamsy »

its so intresting ,that this book is the first one i read and it is the christian chance to come and land intresting lessons that will educate them,thanks for this.
tochicat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochicat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by tochicat »

This was a thorough review.

As soon as I read that it was Christian fiction I have to admit that my interest was piqued. Even after noting your comments on the drawbacks and little flaws of the book, Iโ€™m still interested. Itโ€™s commendable that the writer was able to wangle a 3 star rating out of you despite all of the points you raised. There must be something special about the book โ€” and for that reason I look forward to reading it myself.

Itโ€™s difficult to separate religious overtones from practical Christianity these days. But your review does say he managed to circumvent that problem, so Iโ€™ll be looking out to see how he achieved that as well. Whatโ€™s more, a bevy of characters can be refreshing. Sometimes following the lives of an exclusive set of people can quickly become exhausting and boring for me.

Overall this was an informative review, Iโ€™m looking forward to reading this almost as much as I look forward to a Game of Thrones book. This section of your review of the second book is particularly exciting for me:
โ€œDue to the war we get to explore the lands surrounding Amity, learn some of their histories and meet many new people, friend and foe alike.โ€
holutoby05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by holutoby05 »

I love your review on the book, but want to pin point on the subplot of the character Seagood. I think Jackson was just trying to introduce the character for later. Just like in movies when a character that does not really fit in shows up, and then later a film that will major on that character comes out. Over all, great review.
CarinavdM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carinavdm.html

Post by CarinavdM »

Thank you for the review. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and was hooked from the start. It is a great story and really got me thinking.

Return to โ€œYoung Adult Fiction Booksโ€