Official Review: Tales from Piney Grove by Bobby Morrison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kangotho
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Tales from Piney Grove by Bobby Morrison

Post by Kangotho »

This book demonstrates how humble this family was. I really like the way they coped with all their challenges in a humorous approach disgracing the stigma that was otherwise meant to demoralize them.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

This book seems to open up a new perspective that has happened during the 60s. The discrinination and the broderline between poor and rich. Not really a fan of rags to riches kind of history but the 60s setting might changed my mind. Thanks for your review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Asiwaju4uall
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Asiwaju4uall »

I love historical fiction, and your review of this book has definitely temper my interest! (Especially since it seems to draw heavily on the historical context it's based on.) Thank you for reviewing this, your critical was really detailed and I might just put this book on my reading list :)
Celona_ketcher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Celona_ketcher »

I never thought I would enjoy this few pages. This book has made me realized that how we live as christians matters alot. Most people are only interested in going to church on Sundays just because it's Sunday or probably to show their new clothes and cars off. But our mannerisms and behaviors are very necessary in our Christian walk. We need to accept and show love towards all humanity and not be judgmental. By our Christ like behavior many would join the body of Christ. Thanks
RikkiW
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rikkiw.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by RikkiW »

Ripe with nostalgia and hardship, Tales from Piney Grove had me sucked in from the first page - and I’ve only just read the sample! It’s great to read the official review and see what I’ve got to look forward to - excuse me while I go download the full book.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
sagali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sagali.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by sagali »

i have not tried historical fiction before. maybe this should be my first. thanks for the review
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I recently returned from a mini hiatus/vacation from this site, and I realized that my review was highlighted for BOTD! Thank you all for your kind words, I read through quite a few of your comments, and I plan to review some more historical fiction novels like this one in the next week or so. Thank you again!
PIerce32265
Currently Reading: Never Say Never - Free Preview
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by PIerce32265 »

This is about someone who live in Carolina,He reminisces were he went in the community he live in and good things they did together before the textile mills started coming to piney grove everything changed.They didn't have much money but learn how to used the money only on the basic needs.they went to the store toget someyhing cold to eat or drink.They learned how to how fun in the community into fun within their budget.Everyone when to piney grove church.Everyone wanted to protected and sharecropping farmsIt was different world from our world today.Back then it was everyone was helping out to build their community together.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”