Official Review: Transitioning int Womanhood

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Transitioning int Womanhood

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Transitioning int Womanhood" by Codisha Matthews.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Transitioning into Womanhood by Codisha R. Matthews is a non-fiction book in which the author offers advice to young women on what womanhood is all about. That is, the good, the bad, and all that lies in between. Her motivation is birthed from her own journey of transition which was hampered by various challenges. In this book, Codisha R. Matthews takes the reader on a journey of self-discovery. It all starts with understanding who we are as women and what we want to achieve in life. With a clear perspective of this, we can be able to achieve what we want while staying clear of obstacles and people who will derail our progress.

In Transitioning into Womanhood, the author advocates for growth in all aspects, self-love and cultivation of great relationships with people who will challenge us to be the best we can be. Having gone through a nasty break-up herself, Matthews shares how the experience changed her for the better and how she learned to let go and move on with her life.

Sometimes told in a brutally honest manner, the advice in this book is uplifting, inspiring and eye-opening. I discovered many hidden truths and strategies to succeed in life like in no other book I have read on the topic. From the corporate world to my personal life, I got useful tips on how to succeed in all the environments in which my life is set.

Another interesting aspect of the book was the Self-Love Assessment Test that I was able to take. It is surprising how many important elements in life we can ignore or worse, think that we have figured out while on the contrary, they lie undetected and cause us continuous pain. For instance, the author talks about the type of people that surround us and the friends we associate with and how they have a direct impact on us. According to Codisha R. Matthews, part of knowing who we are and what we deserve provides important insight on who gets to stay in our lives.

The book helped me evaluate my life and reflect on my circumstances. It set me on the path of growth and becoming my first cheerleader. It helped me take responsibility of all my past mistakes and still propelled me to the awareness of the opportunities that lie ahead.

Transitioning into Womanhood by Codisha R. Matthews was a splendid, informative read and hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Transitioning int Womanhood
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

This sounds like a good book for girls to partake of. Life is a little easier when you read a book that speaks to what one may be currently experiencing to bring comfort and self awareness. This book, according to your review, seems to be a great tool to reveal maybe those things that are pushed down and out of emotional sight. Sounds like a good book that could even be used in a health class specifically for girls. Great job on this review.
Everything happens for a reason...
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

I'd like to take that assessment test too. Every now and then, I check and reflect on the happenings of my life and also still trying to figure out my real passion. This book would be a huge help and reminder of important things I might be forgetting or things I thought I always keep in check but not and a guide for what success is to me and how to achieve it.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

From the title of the book, I thought this was something geared more towards teenagers. However, from your review, it doesn't sound like that is the case. I suppose we could all use a bit of help in becoming women. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

A great book for the ladies here. I like the part that the author challenges the readers to be among people who will be able to bring out the best in them and the fact that the book is written from the author's experience is good.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Catoonda
Currently Reading: Twilight City
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catoonda »

A great book for the ladies :tiphat:
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The book seems to be really resourceful to ladies. I find the self-love assessment test mentioned in the review as something that I would love to take.
Tashidec97
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tashidec97 »

This book would definitely give any young woman out there a great reveal about herself and great understanding to see what part of growing up is all about
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I wish that this book had existed when I was younger. My teenage years were difficult and I could have used positive feedback on how to love myself. I will definitely be reading this.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

kandscreeley wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 08:43 From the title of the book, I thought this was something geared more towards teenagers. However, from your review, it doesn't sound like that is the case. I suppose we could all use a bit of help in becoming women. Thanks.
I thought the same thing. I was expecting more of a conversation about puberty and getting through high school. I'm glad to read that the author provided unique advice and really focused on how women should appreciate themselves. I am curious as to what she said about surrounding yourself with the right people as so many people are kind of "forced" on us. It can be difficult to cope with rude coworkers or that mother-in-law who criticizes every choice you make, but good luck getting rid of them.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

kfwilson6 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 11:51I am curious as to what she said about surrounding yourself with the right people as so many people are kind of "forced" on us. It can be difficult to cope with rude coworkers or that mother-in-law who criticizes every choice you make, but good luck getting rid of them.
Yes, I thought that, too. I suppose sometimes we do have choices, and people with low self-esteem may choose 'friends' who are positively unhelpful. It sounds like an interesting book and it's great that it had such a positive impact on you, EmunahAn.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is a book that all women should read. I find that a lot of us as women lack confidence regarding who we are as a person and what we stand for. We are very insecure about our relationships and therefore end up losing it at times. This book will definitely provide motivation for us.
bnoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bnoy.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by bnoy »

This book sounds fantastic. Thank you for such an in-depth review. I normally stay clear of books like this because I find the narrative voice can be annoying and I tend to get defensive, however, your review makes me think this may actually be really entertaining as well as enlightening. Thanks!
gloria_ngigi

Post by gloria_ngigi »

According to the review this is a book i would really like to read.I feel like it has all what I need right now.
porsh cana

Post by porsh cana »

Great!...tend to prepare young girls into womanhood..

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”