Official Review: Enlightened by Billie Kowalewski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NelyBarrios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelybarrios.html
Latest Review: Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Re: Official Review: Enlightened by Billie Kowalewski

Post by NelyBarrios »

I do not believe in reincarnation but I do believe in heaven and eternity and this book makes me to think and imagine about heaven and how we will find there people we have met here on earth. Nice review and of course I would like to know what happens with Kaleb and Harmony.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

A YA novel with plot of soul evolution sounds interesting. Too bad about the cliff hanger though. Thanks for the review and to the author for the book.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
QueenAmy72
Currently Reading: Boo Buried Cupcakes
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenamy72.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
2024 Reading Goal: 13
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by QueenAmy72 »

Oooo. It sounds like a supernatural book which I love to read. I have added this book to my shelves to read asap. Thanks for the review.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. This fantasy book sounds quite peculiar in terms of the way in which it deals with reincarnation, the concept of souls, and the different time periods. While I like the overall concept, the execution and the YA framework leave me some doubts, but I'm sure many will love it nevertheless.
Eville14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Eville14 »

The book Enlightened by Billie Kowalewski is tremendously interesting. The fact that you emphasized how unique the main character is. A lot of the main characters can be concise, Great book.
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

I thought that I did not like books about reincarnation but I am currently reading one and loving it! This one also sounds interesting to me so I am thinking maybe my tastes have changed. I look forward to getting started on this one!
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

The plot seemed new and intriguing; reincarnation is something not often featured in a novel. Though I am not fond of cliffhangers, fans of YA fantasy genre would find this plot exciting. Happy reading!
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

This book sounds really great, and also it is my favorite genre. I'm glad I got the book for free and I'm probably going to end up reading the whole series. Thanks for the review.
jevvel
Currently Reading: Dyed Souls
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by jevvel »

ENLIGHTMENT

There's a time i ponder for an hour, sitting below the beautiful universe, asking myself " How did I exist in this astonishing world?".

As I begun cycling at the age of 10. I discovered lots of new things, from every of those years, I'd felt that I am not the only one whom are used to play games at my age of 16. I started to know that when you step at this age, you will now face the real life. You will discover alot and the this would be the beginning to know why do we need to live.

In " Enlightening ", as far as I think it is more of mind blowing, changes, and modern world. It's because " our new generation is full of maze, a place we're all dazed, discovering things and exploration nowadays, is the only way for success. As well as the Enlightment book, made me wonder about this world, alot, like you're struggling at every of those moments thinking like you had " no limitations ", but some would say you are crazy or some might intimidate you.

Lesson learned for this world is to follow the cycle, don't ever be scared to be the way or the leader, try something new with the help of your friends, be inspired to make a change for the future.

“ Don't be scared, God is always.
there to guide you, we are all Acknowledge to do our tasks, let the world know what inspired peoples can do like you.”
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like that the book is well-written, addictive and YA. I have added this to my to read list and I look forward to reading it. Nice review.
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

Thank you for your amazing review! Cliffhangers I don't mind so much, as long as I know from the outset that the book is part of a series. I'll read a book differently knowing that everything doesn't necessarily need to be tied up by the end. A book that checks off all of your requirements definitely sounds like a great book to me :D this one is going to the top of my 'to read' list!
Abarbee22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abarbee22 »

Whoa. Reincarnation, soulmates, time travel, and a cliffhanger? Plus the implication of murder? This book sounds like a whirlwind read. If you didn’t give such clear examples to the contrary I would be worried that this story would be confusing. I’m genuinely intrigued.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

Harmony and Kaleb are soulmates reincarnated many times, meant to experience Earth school together. Reincarnation fiction could be a fantasy genre or spiritual depending on the reader’s perspective. For Veronica/Harmony, the reconnection to Seth/Kaleb primarily creates a sense of coming home. The idea that souls coexist meant to be united repeatedly can provide comfort, especially during times of grief. Additionally, as Harmony cycles through each life, she obtains a new chance to learn an additional lesson. The idea that we acquire an alternative chance to do things over can soothe those that feel that they have made missteps along the way. During the time of adolescence, which is the target audience for this novel, these factors can provide a sense of well-being amid an uncertain time of life.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I find it so difficult to enjoy YA these days because the stories all seem to sound the same, but this one actually seems pretty unique and doesn't play to the usual tropes. I don't mind cliffhangers if they're written well and make me look forward to the next book, but thank you for the warning in any case!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

What if earth is a school for souls? The review press the right button to make this book is intriguing to me. I'm on for this!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”