Official Review: Get It Together by Scott Paly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: Official Review: Get It Together by Scott Paly

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

kandscreeley wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 08:15 I think sometimes a lot of this information is overlooked when raising or educating kids. Somehow they have to figure it out on their own. Sounds like a great book for those just starting out on their own! Thanks for the information. I think I'm passed this age, but it sounds great for others.
Exactly! Moving into adulthood would be so much easier if we had access to this basic information, which is why I love this book!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

I need this. Wish schools would give this kind of advice in the first place.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

How old is the author, is that information given? I can see this book being a stocking stuffer from parents to their live-in adult children. :lol2:
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

NL Hartje wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 21:33 How old is the author, is that information given? I can see this book being a stocking stuffer from parents to their live-in adult children. :lol2:
Well, his age is not stated. I agree, give them the motivation to move out! :D
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

As a person who did everything right up until graduating Suma Cum Laude from university, I can tell you from my own experience and that of a lot of other people that no matter what advice you follow, how hard you work, there is no guarantee that getting a degree is going to help you at all because you may just find that when you graduate, there are no jobs available for you unless you are willing to take the enormous financial risk of moving to a new area, which may rip you away from every single person and place you love. For many of us, it isn't worth giving up all of our family and friends, so we took a job we found and even though it is low wage, it's worth so much more to be where we want to be than have all the stuff money could buy us.

I really wish young people weren't being given this kind of advice that is setting too many of them up for unrealistic expectations, pressure to do whatever it takes to fulfill those expectation, and total failure in some cases when circumstances just do not allow a person to achieve what they expected, or what others expected of them.
Feggulisa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Feggulisa »

I thought the title Get It Together was well put! I feel this is a great book for young adults especially just learning life on their own away from their parent or guardians.
pool
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pool »

Woooow what a book!!!! Motivational, inspirational and all in all is awesome .....can't wait to grab myself a copy so that I can read and read again

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”