Official Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mrzjaques13
Currently Reading: Island Games: The four Quadrants
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mrzjaques13 »

Thank you for the review, it makes me want to read the book (Island Games) even more. I am intrigued that the author wrote this when he was so young. I am looking forward to assessing whether this young talent has what it takes to become one of the greats.
Jessica Reehl
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-reehl.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jessica Reehl »

I just finished reading and reviewing this book. It was really interesting and I'm amazed that the writer was only 12 when he wrote it. It was very well done although it does explain some of the simplistic dialogue.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I read this book as well and loved it. I even shared it with my son. Great review!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

1ditzyrn wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 14:03 I read this book as well and loved it. I even shared it with my son. Great review!
That’s great @1ditzyrn :D glad to know you’ve read and loved this book too and even shared it with your beloved son♥️Thank you also for dropping by and leaving me with this nice comment🤗 God bless🙏♥️🏡
Ma Cheryll

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Jessica Reehl wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 14:54 I just finished reading and reviewing this book. It was really interesting and I'm amazed that the writer was only 12 when he wrote it. It was very well done although it does explain some of the simplistic dialogue.
That’s wonderful @Jessica Reehl🤗you had first hand experience of just how action packed this great adventure book is and what important life learnings come along with it♥️Best regards! :tiphat:
Ma Cheryll

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Mrzjaques13 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 12:38 Thank you for the review, it makes me want to read the book (Island Games) even more. I am intrigued that the author wrote this when he was so young. I am looking forward to assessing whether this young talent has what it takes to become one of the greats.
The pleasure is mine :tiphat: @Mrzjaques13 thank you! Author Caleb J. Boyer is truly one great talent, he became an avid reader at age 4 and developed speed reading skills so as to read as many books as he can. At age 10 his passion for books grew, wanting to write a book where he can include, incorporate, all the things that other books didn’t have. This desire resulted to the first in his series of adventure books, Island Games. Now he is being considered an Award Winning #1 International Best-selling Author, and had been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and in Times Square. I can just imagine how proud his parents are of him and his great work♥️Enjoy your time of reading :techie-studyingbrown: God bless you too🙏
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

I just discovered this book here at OBC when I saw someone had it listed as "currently reading" and when I went to check it out I saw so many OBC members had read it, reviewed it and gave it 4 stars since your "official" review. You certainly did get the ball rolling and it's been snowballing ever since. I think perhaps you should give another look at the things you wrote in middle school. Maybe they should be shared with the world.

Thanks for yet another wonderful, interesting and enticing review.

Sincerely, LL :clap: :congratualtions-smiley:
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV
Missneva
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missneva.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Missneva »

Jessica Reehl wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 14:54 I just finished reading and reviewing this book. It was really interesting and I'm amazed that the writer was only 12 when he wrote it. It was very well done although it does explain some of the simplistic dialogue.
I am impressed that a 12 year old wrote a novel but the dialogue drove me nuts. I struggled to finish this book because of it. The way the boys spoke was very unnatural. I think that they author had a great story idea but it needed to be built on and maybe given additional guidance by an editor.
dhaval_d84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhaval-d84.html
Latest Review: The Last Assassination by James E Doucette

Post by dhaval_d84 »

Thank you for your beautiful review. The book, especially from its plot, sounds promising. I like stories of adventure and courage. This one really seems interesting to me from what you have described here. This one is going up on my shelf, and most probably I'm reading it right away. Thanks once again for your help.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I totally agree with the review. The twelve year old has done a wonder.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I just finished this book and was very impressed with this 12 year old writing ability as well as his insight on life's lessons. Most children this age only care about fun and games.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ma Cheryll

Post by Ma Cheryll »

LauraLeeWasHere wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 13:55 I just discovered this book here at OBC when I saw someone had it listed as "currently reading" and when I went to check it out I saw so many OBC members had read it, reviewed it and gave it 4 stars since your "official" review. You certainly did get the ball rolling and it's been snowballing ever since. I think perhaps you should give another look at the things you wrote in middle school. Maybe they should be shared with the world.

Thanks for yet another wonderful, interesting and enticing review.

Sincerely, LL :clap: :congratualtions-smiley:
Thank you so much for your very kind words @LauraLeeWasHere I really appreciate it! Happy to know you enjoyed it too! Have a great day ahead! Best regards :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”