Review of Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon by Doppless Regalia

Review of Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon" by Doppless Regalia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Phoenix and some of the members of a game group called the Eclipse Dragons fight Mangled while playing a video game. Mangled are boar-like black beasts, and the Eclipse Dragons work together during the fight to defeat them, for which they are successful. In the real world, Phoenix does his usual day-to-day activities, and in the evening, he comes back home with his friend Beatris after they both visited Nina at the hospital. Phoenix and Beatris both go to bed, but when Beatris wakes up the next morning, Phoenix has disappeared and is nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile, Thius and his niece Blake go to an ancient library in search of answers about Blake's parents, whom she barely knows anything about. When they enter the library, something seems to be lurking in the shadows, and when they finally see it, it drains their mana. Who is Phoenix, and where has he disappeared? What happens to Blake and Thius, and what is the thing they find in the ancient library? To find out more, please get yourself a copy of the book Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon by Doppless Regalia.

There are several things I liked while reading this book. I enjoyed the book's plot and was amazed by it. I liked the whole idea of characters disappearing with nowhere to be found, only for them to end up in a completely different world. I also found myself falling in love with Colquhoun the dragon, and he made the story more interesting. It was because of him that significant events in the book were revealed. Because of him, I also really got to understand why events were happening the way they were, and he gave answers to most of the questions I had been asking myself while reading the book.

I also liked that the author described the battles fought between the villains and the good guys in detail. Personally, I love action movies, and reading about events occurring during a fight gets my blood boiling. Not only that, the author described the battles in such great detail and zeal that I felt I was watching or present on the battle field. The author also had the ability to invoke strong emotions in me during these fights, especially during the fight between Phoenix and Rowan.

However, the book has some drawbacks. The book falls short of world-building as the author didn't provide adequate details about the different worlds, especially Terratal. It also contains several errors that distracted me while reading. This leads me to believe that this book was poorly edited, and another round of editing is therefore necessary.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars because of the incredible plot and interesting characters. I deducted two stars because of the poor world-building and several errors in the book. I recommend it to anyone interested in video games, adventures, and action thrillers.

Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon
View: on Bookshelves
Mojisola Omowunmi Omotosho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mojisola-omowunmi-omotosho.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 175%

Post by Mojisola Omowunmi Omotosho »

It sounds like 'Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon' by Doppless Regalia offers a thrilling blend of adventure and mystery, with characters navigating between worlds and facing intense battles. I'm intrigued by the plot twists and the role of Colquhoun the dragon in unraveling the story's mysteries.
A Blissful World!
alooma id
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by alooma id »

This review of "Tales of Terratal: Beyond the Event Horizon" provides an intriguing glimpse into the book. The reviewer praises the plot and concept of characters disappearing into a different world, which immediately caught my attention. They also mention their fondness for Colquhoun the dragon and how he adds depth to the story. The detailed and thrilling battle descriptions, along with the strong emotions they invoke, sound captivating. However, the reviewer points out shortcomings in world-building and numerous errors, suggesting a need for better editing. Despite these criticisms, the reviewer still rates the book a solid 3 out of 5 stars, highlighting the exceptional plot and interesting characters. This rating indicates that while the book has its flaws, it remains an engaging read. I appreciate the reviewer's balanced assessment and can consider giving this book a chance. Compelling climax, left me breathless with anticipation.
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 51%

Post by Yashi Shukla »

Books with brilliant plot twist intrigue me but without proper world building I don't think I will like it especially if there are errors in it. Thanks for your honest review.
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

I have already read the book. I recommend this book to those who enjoy fantasy and adventure stories, especially those that integrate elements of video games and fantasy worlds. If you are looking for a story filled with excitement and epic events, this book will be an intriguing choice for you.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: A Failure To Act by Scott Prior

Post by Priya Murugesan »

Sounds like the book had a pretty good start. But no proper world-building and lots of errors discourage me.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book is a captivating read with its intriguing plot and compelling characters.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: When Zacchy Got Sick by Meera Randeria

Post by Gerry Steen »

You wrote a detailed and honest review of this book. The vivid writing style of the author makes the battles real and engaging. You also loved the disappearance of the characters and the mystery surrounding it. This author has promise. As you mentioned, a round of professional editing and more effort at worldbuilding should bring this book up to 5-star status. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”