Official Review: growing up Carrie by ED Massey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Re: Official Review: growing up Carrie by ED Massey

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Wow. It sounds like a great book, perfect for me. Congrats on the review. I'm sure the themes and moral values are strongly portrayed.
Jeangray17
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 55

Post by Jeangray17 »

Growing up Carrie, beautiful story, internet friends and a little girl asking for help, cause her mom is at the hospital. Edward decides to travel to West Virginia's to see a woman that he really doesn't know, just for Carrie. I want to read this book
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A man willing to leave everything behind to be of help when a woman needed him sounds quite touching, and the fact that the reader can relate to the character's personalities is attracting too. I'll add this one to my 'to read' list. Thanks for the review!
yclemons33
Currently Reading: The Last Stop
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by yclemons33 »

A Must Read!

I fell in love with this book the moment I read the first page. I loved the story so far, and I would like to know more. :D
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

A feel-good story with some intriguing elements is indeed interesting. The crying and laughing moments plus the moral lessons derived from the book made me want to read it. Thanks for sharing a great review.
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

A very intriguing start to the book. Having read the first part via the sample, I am fascinated to know what happens.
This is certainly a story for the times as most of us have heard of internet relationships starting and some amazingly being successful.
Your enjoyment of the characters really comes through in the review and inspires me to want to read on!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This book sounds great, I wish my mother had read this! The teenage years can be so difficult for children and sometimes the clashes are in the parents being able to let go of their control a bit and let the child develop an identity of their own.
apollos-pet
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by apollos-pet »

I just finished the sample of Growing Up Carrie by E. D. Massey. I was hooked and cannot wait to read the rest of the book. It seems crazy that a man would go half way across the country to see a woman in the hospital that he didn't know. They had only chatted online while playing a game and become friends. When her little girl sent him a message to call her home because her Mother was sick, he felt compelled to do it and ended up going to see them. I felt empathy for the little girl and for him. The characters seem like my good friends already and I know that I will enjoy reading the rest of the book.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds charming, but I wish you'd mentioned in your review what happened to Tammy, Carrie's mom!
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

The sample was good, I don't usually read the YA genre, but this review is great. The characters look strong too. Thanks for the review.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I always try to ignore openings that start with a family member is sick. Perhaps i shouldn't. Thanks for the great review
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Fati-bola
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fati-bola.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Fati-bola »

I quite agree with all the observations raised in this review. This book is a great read. I also cried and laughed with the characters. I love Edward and Carrie too. All the characters are well defined. Thanks for this great review.
Jodirob1997
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jodirob1997 »

Perfect review! I was unsure of reading this book until I read your review. I feel like this book could be real life. I can't wait to read "Growing Up Carrie".
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

:D
Abodunrin wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 00:39 Wow I can almost relate with the excitement and emotions you experienced from reading the book while reading your review. It was quite compelling I must say. Will love to read the book. Thanks for the review
I am also reading this one on this weekend. It was that good that I put it in the top position to read now.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Tuzzy
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tuzzy »

The sample of Growing Up Carrie by Ed Massey was delightful. The author's style of writing was so smooth. His characters Edward, Tammy, Carrie and Tammy drew you in and made you feel as if you were a part of their lives and knew how they were feeling. Their apprehensions, fears, as well as their compassion. I was disappointed though when the sample ended - It left me wanting more.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”