Official Review: growing up Carrie by ED Massey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Re: Official Review: growing up Carrie by ED Massey

Post by mratdegraff91 »

This sounds like a great coming of age novel. I am curious to read more and I am shocked she gave her number out in an online game. Great review though and thank you for sharing.
Madison Degraffenreid
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

The book seems like an interesting coming-of-age story. I have read a couple pages of the free sample, and I like what I've read so far. Thank you for the review.
Unicornuk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Unicornuk »

Only read the first few pages so far, but it's one of those books where you get drawn in from the start. Looks like it's going to be an emotional journey for the little girl carrie, and mummy's friend Edward. Need to go and either upgrade to kindle unlimited or buy the book, but definitely one that I want to read!
Katungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katungu.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Katungu »

Just read the sample and it left me intrigued. I can't wait to find out what happens next. From the review, it sounds like a very good read.
sgoodson2000
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by sgoodson2000 »

Good review without telling too much. I did love the characters as well, would have liked to get further into some of their lives as I read. I thought some of the story was a little far-fetched, too romanticized maybe? But I chose to ignore that and just take it for itself, a true love story - between man and woman, then man and daughter. Very touching and beautiful story. I read the whole book in one day!
houseofsamael
Currently Reading: American River: Tributaries
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofsamael.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by houseofsamael »

I have mixed feelings about the preview. On one hand, it was beautifully written and very heart warming. On the other, I don't think traveling that far to meet your friend's daughter is ok without her permission. Granted, there were extenuiting circumstances but still... it's sweet and weird. I want to read more.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds very sweet and emotional. I don't often pursue books like that only because I know that well-written ones will affect me too deeply, but I might still give this one a try since it's also heart-warming. Thank you for the insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

This book seems like a fun read! I wish i knew whether there would be any graphic content, as many romance books contain such content. I will add this book to my Want to Read shelf until further notice.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Call me suspicious... but the mom was sick so the kid calls a man whom they've never actual met in real life, only online... this sounds like a setup for a horror story! LOL So, glad it worked out but during my reading, I'd probably be waiting for the other shoe to fall! LOL
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

This seems like a really good book. I can't wait for Edward and Carrie to meet. They seem so likable and she helps bring Edward and Tammy together later. Good review.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

This doesn't sound like a book for me. I'm not big on coming-of-age stories.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Miss Understood
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Miss Understood »

:roll:

Growing up Carrie by Ed Massey
1st of all I hope this is the correct location for this, but I'm new & a bit confused. The sample i read did make me want to read more. It seems like this book is rooted in religion. Already at least 1 miracle in the 1st couple of chapters. I think that God has many more plans for Carrie, Carrie's mother Tammy , & Carrie's mothers and now Carrie's online to the doorstep friend Edward. It makes you wonder "how far will you go to help an online only friend?"
momma182
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 901
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by momma182 »

Your review gave an excellent preview of this tear jerker. I also agree that it is a hard one to put down. I only meant to sample it, but I'm already at 60%.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Not my usual type of book, but it sounds like a story that would definitely cheer someone up, if in need of it. It's good to hear that the characters are so wonderful. Thanks for the insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Mailu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailu.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Mailu »

I always like reading novels involving relatable characters like this one. It sounds intriguing and I can't wait to read it later. Thanks for this review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”