Official Review: Secrets of the Home Wood by Julie Whitley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: Official Review: Secrets of the Home Wood by Julie Whitl

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

You summary had the hairs on the back of my neck raised! How scary! Sounds like quite a read! Thank you for the review. I enjoyed reading it!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:You summary had the hairs on the back of my neck raised! How scary! Sounds like quite a read! Thank you for the review. I enjoyed reading it!
Thank you for taking the time to read my review- I appreciate it. You know what else you'd enjoy reading... - Secrets of the Home Wood, it was a fun read for me, the intensity brought in by the suspense was a plus for me.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Lol I'll take your word for it!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Lol I'll take your word for it!

hehe do :)

-- 20 Sep 2017, 13:41 --
Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Lol I'll take your word for it!

hehe do :)
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

This book should go up on my TBR list as your review made me curious. I enjoy reading books where the characters are engaging and the plot is well crafted.
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

kislany wrote:This book should go up on my TBR list as your review made me curious. I enjoy reading books where the characters are engaging and the plot is well crafted.
It definitely should, it was a worthwhile read -- even though it's in the young adult section, I think anyone who loves a well-crafted adventure filled with suspense will appreciate this one.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

What an eloquent piece you wrote there, Ritah! I can't wait to enter those woods.

I am just curious. How come Jonathon was looking for Dad but not for Mom?
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

Miriam Molina wrote:What an eloquent piece you wrote there, Ritah! I can't wait to enter those woods.

I am just curious. How come Jonathon was looking for Dad but not for Mom?

Thank you very much, Miriam. :D Jonathon was looking for Dad and not Mom because he ain't love her half as much :twisted: Girrrrl, I'm just playing hehe :lol2: Truth is at that point Dad is the only one who knew for sure his Mom was missing. In Jonathon's mind and everyone else in the house initially thought she'd stormed off after the argument and was at a friends place or something(cooling off). But after Dad disappeared without a word to any of them... he began to question what exactly was going on, this led him on a journey that will eventually have him searching for his mother as well.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Love the way you began this review!
Is it a long book? If it's a short, stand alone novel, I think I might pop it on my to read list.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:Love the way you began this review!
Is it a long book? If it's a short, stand alone novel, I think I might pop it on my to read list.
well in print it's about 295 pages, but my soft copy of it was 453 pages, at the rate the pages flew cause of how much I was completely engrossed by the story, I have to say it felt short. And it can stand alone or have a sequel that is the beauty of the ending.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

This sounds like something I will add to my reading list! It sounds exciting and suspenseful!
ritah
Currently Reading:

Post by ritah »

Mindi wrote:This sounds like something I will add to my reading list! It sounds exciting and suspenseful!
It was, the suspense...omg! the author nailed that part, it just kept me so engrossed and wanting to know more and what was going to happen next. I highly recommend it.

-- 19 Oct 2017, 18:02 --
Mindi wrote:This sounds like something I will add to my reading list! It sounds exciting and suspenseful!
It was, the suspense...omg! the author nailed that part, it just kept me so engrossed and wanting to know more and what was going to happen next. I highly recommend it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”