Official Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abzia11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by abzia11 »

True..
This bean we r leaving a life very beautifully ways
James 546
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by James 546 »

Well I'm glad That I read this 📖
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Sarah Immanuel wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 12:01 Excellent review. Though i don't like horror stories especially those with demonic forces.
Thank you, Sarah! At least this one is a bit light on the demonic forces, but I completely understand. Thank you for reading and sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Yes, thank you for a good review and a very minimal spoiler alert. But, as stated via the other review, if I had read passed the obvious, what happens next samples pages, I too would probably rate the book 2/4 stars based up Mr. Brom's abusive tone and obvious threat as well as the "cataclysmic lightning storm that rolled in". "I believe that there is one God and I do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" etc.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for mentioning the certain phrases used like "Jesus Christ." I don't like reading books with phrases that "belittle" spirituality.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I have an impression that you haven't exactly got the whole concept. This is a comedy horror. If it would be a movie, it would be a so-called 'B class horror'. The book was written in a particular convention. This is not a genre based on character development, it's a plot-driven story. You kind of need to be a fan of this genre to appreciate it.
And also, the 'mentioning' of God being a jerk is a little bit overstatement. It was in a form of a question ("So is God some kind of a jerk?") not a statement. And it was also rather justified in the situation. I also think that if anyone takes the book on summoning demons in their hands, they might expect some profanity. That's why you need to like this sort of book. If anyone feels offended, that's their own bad that they chose to read it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”