Review: Wonder

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book_lover101
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 9

Review: Wonder

Post by Book_lover101 »

Wonder is a book written by R. J. Palacio, that is about a deformed boy, named August Pullman, that goes to Beecher Prep, a middle school that August later gets bullied in. I would advise any young adult to read this because it has a lot of emotions mixed in it, and could either make you cry at August's misfortune in the beginning or make you smile at his fortune towards the end.

This story truly expresses how it does not matter what is on the outside, but what is on the inside.
This is exactly what Auggie did, he showed what a great person he was on the inside to his fellow students at Beecher Prep. This book contains extreme bullying, but then later shows you a life lesson on how you should never bully, no matter what the reason.

I would recommend that everyone should read this book at least twice, and see how good it is by reading it. I thank R. J. Palacio for giving us a great book to read and teaching us some life lessons at the same time.

-
Last edited by gali on 09 Aug 2017, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out "Official"
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicate topic

Wonder
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”