Official Review: Aeternus by D. E. Flintoff

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Official Review: Aeternus by D. E. Flintoff

Post by Naval Aulakh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Aeternus" by D. E. Flintoff.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Aeternus: The Emancipation From Nefarious by D.E. Flintoff, is the first book from the sequel in the Aeternus series "The Incarceration of Jezebel".

Aiden dies in a car crash. He gets confused when he finds his body lying motionless in front of him. He meets the soul of his grandfather, Bill, who died twelve years ago. Bill tells Aiden about his death and explains to him the meaning of afterlife. Aiden takes a sigh of relief when he comes to know that he is not going to hell. Bill takes Aiden to Aeternus, which is the home of good and pure souls. Bill tells Aiden that he has to register himself to be a part of Aeternus. Aiden gets registered and goes to Aeternus with Bill. He gets mesmerized by the trees and animals of Aterenus who could walk and talk like humans. Later, Aiden comes to know that his actual name is Jacobian and Bill, who refers himself as his grandfather, is actually his brother, Azeron. He comes to know about his life in Aeternus before going on earth as an inbody.

After spending some time in Aeternus, Jacobian starts to remember his family and his beloved, Unitas. He gets to know that a demon (Nefarious) from damnation took Unitas to hellfire and she has got trapped there. Jacobian loves Unitas a lot and decides to save her from hell and bring her back to Aeternus. All his friends and his brother tell him that it is very difficult to reach different layers of hell and he would get trapped there. But, Jacobian leaves Aeternus alone and goes in search of Unitas. Azeron and some Orkara (armed force to shield Aeternus from devils and demons) members go in search of Jacobian and decide to help him search Unitas.

Would Jacobian find Unitas and save her from the demons of hell or would he get trapped in the damnation himself? Would Azeron and Orkara members accompany Jacobian to different layers of the hell, to save Unitas?

Aeternus is an interesting novel. The plot of this book has many twists and turns, which gives a profundity to its storyline. It is written in the third person. The author has depicted the characters and scenes very well. I liked the variety characters in the book. The moving trees and talking animals made me laugh and I got hooked to them. The demons are described very well and I got goosebumps while reading this novel. I liked the concept and theme of the book. The author has portrayed the difference between the life on earth and the afterlife. It is intriguing to read how souls live after leaving the bodies. I liked the character of Jacobian the most. His love for Unitas melts my heart. Despite knowing the fact that he would not be able to return from hell, he decided to go there and save Unitas. I admire his confidence and will power. I truly loved the scene when Jacobian fought with demons to save Unitas.

Furthermore, I appreciate the teamwork shown by Azeron and Orkara members, and the skills they used to help Jacobian. They worked very hard to find Jacobian and helped him to penetrate through various layers of damnation. Through this book, the author wants to convey that people should not trust everyone blindly because a person who looks good from the outside, can be vicious from inside. Also, through the concept of hell and heaven, the author conveys that a person should do good deeds and help others to lead a good and happy afterlife.

Despite liking the plot, scenes and characters of this book, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because there are a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes throughout the book, which demonstrates that it is not professionally edited. Additionally, the punctuation marks are not used properly. But, the book is divided into chapters and paragraphs which facilitate the readers. Also, the language of this book is easy to read and understand.

I liked the book and I would recommend it to the readers who like to read books with mystery, thriller and twist. Also, young adults would definitely enjoy this book. I would like to read more books from this series.

Aeternus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Naval Aulakh's review? Post a comment saying so!
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A mesmerizing novel I should say. I am glad you enjoyed reading it!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one definitely sounds unique and interesting. I appreciate your review. Very nice!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

If it wasn't for the grammatical errors, it sounds like it would've been an excellent book. Hopefully the author will take the time to edit it.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Andrew Kyalo wrote:A mesmerizing novel I should say. I am glad you enjoyed reading it!
Yes, I did enjoy it :)

-- 06 Aug 2017, 07:47 --
kandscreeley wrote:This one definitely sounds unique and interesting. I appreciate your review. Very nice!
Thanks for your appreciation :)

-- 06 Aug 2017, 07:48 --
Amagine wrote:If it wasn't for the grammatical errors, it sounds like it would've been an excellent book. Hopefully the author will take the time to edit it.

Great Review! ?
I am glad that you liked the review :)
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

A book about the afterlife. Personally, I believe that death ends it all, but it would be interesting for me to see how the author depicts an afterlife. Thank you for the review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:A book about the afterlife. Personally, I believe that death ends it all, but it would be interesting for me to see how the author depicts an afterlife. Thank you for the review.
It is interesting to read about after life. I enjoyed reading it ?
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Sounds like a book I'd like to get a hold of. I enjoy stories about different perceptions of afterlife. Great review.
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

juliusotinyo wrote:Sounds like a book I'd like to get a hold of. I enjoy stories about different perceptions of afterlife. Great review.
Thank you. I am glad that you liked the review :)
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

It somehow reminds me of a movie 'If I stay' .
Very nice review Naval??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:It somehow reminds me of a movie 'If I stay' .
Very nice review Naval??
Thank you :)
Snowyy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Snowyy »

The review is very good. I like to read about afterlife. Book seems interesting to me
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Snowyy wrote:The review is very good. I like to read about afterlife. Book seems interesting to me
Thanks for your appreciation. You will enjoy reading this book. It gives a very interesting description of afterlife. You will be fascinated :)
Snowyy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Snowyy »

I will surely give it a try :tiphat:
Naval Aulakh

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Snowyy wrote:I will surely give it a try :tiphat:
That's great :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”