Official Review: Green Lady by Jennifer Julander

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Green Lady by Jennifer Julander

Post by Atabon Della »

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I like stories that talk about princesses and castles, and most especially that take us to a fantasy world. This review clearly points that out.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

This sounds like a great read, and one that is really like. The fantasy aspect as well as strong characters sounds great. Thanks for the review
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

The best part of this review was the line:
the women in this story are not empowered at the expense of the males
... I dislike intensely when the men of a story don't act like men and the women of the story don't act like women. I suppose there are wimpy men and "gruff, manly-man" women in real life, but I don't want them to be the hero/heroine of the stories I read! LOL So doesn't interest me! :)
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

I love a story where the protagonist is an empowered woman, and this one sounds as if in its fantasy world, it is common for the characters, male and female to be strong. I like that. I also like that it is well edited.

Although fantasy novels are not my first choice, I occasionally read them. This one is intriguing; I may read when I have extra time.

You write fabulous reviews! They are articulate and professional.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

I don't usually read fantasy, but based on this review might have to give it a shot.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Although I am not a huge fan of cliffhangers, I think that authors who leave you begging for more are pure genius. :-) Not only have they already basically sold their next in series to the reader, but to be able to build the story up so perfectly and then let go at just the right time, takes serious skill! Your review was very helpful, and this sounds like it's going to be a #BOTD reader's favorite! Thank you! :-)
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I am a fan of fantasy novels and thoroughly enjoyed your review. I like that more and more novels such as this one contain strong female leads instead of the stereotypical male leads. I also enjoyed that males were the supporting characters who added to the story's plot. My favorite character is the Princess because she is free spirited and does want to be the typical princess spending time in the castle. I like that this book is a series because it adds a layer of intrigue and mystery to the story making the reader want more.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Sunnydonnelly23
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sunnydonnelly23 »

I really like fantasy novels because I have such a vivid imagination and this books appears to be one that I'm going to love. You did a great job at reviewing this book and I really like your writing style. I also like how you point out how it is a strong female lead, which makes the book even more empowering to me.
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

This really sounds like my kind if book. And it's edited!! What joy. A good story that's also written well. I'm gonna give this one a go.
* *I miss snow!* *
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The sample shows two mysterious women with unearthly powers. I am eager to unravel their secrets.

An enchanting review!
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I don't mind cliffhangers, they promise another book. I love a good fantasy too. Thanks for the great review. Congrats to the author for receiving a perfect review!
Rosemary22
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: The Maverick's Roundup
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reading Device: B074M12SQ7

Post by Rosemary22 »

Green Lady by Jennifer Julander - a review by Rosemary Kenny

This well-written epic fantasy is the first book in the series, which will strongly appeal not only to lovers of the fantasy genre, but also to anyone who longs for the swords-and-sorcery tales of childhood books about Merlin and Morgana, et al.

The arboreal kingdom of Elodria is ruled by King Friedrich and is home to his sister Princess Cleandra and their subjects. The latter is a tomboy, loving nothing more than to wander in and explore the forests, enjoying the natural atmosphere away from the Court, where her brother has become so enamoured of the mysterious new arrival, Nymue, he's already become betrothed to her.
Realising all is not well in the kingdom, as unease and evil happenings increase, the rebel Princess realises she must act to save her brother and the remaining unaffected citizens before it is too late!
Seeking out the help of strange loner Amnar,who lives in the forest, the duo begin a quest that they must win ...whatever the cost.
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. This sounds like it is a great fantasy book. I do enjoy a good cliffhanger, but it is nice to have an idea as to what to expect at the end of the book. I always like to look ahead even if it spoils the outcome...usually they are all predictable anyway and I like to make sure they end as I hope.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Fantasy/Young Adult with strong female lead is right up my alley. The plot reminds me of Graceling by Kristin Cashore and Throne of Glass by Sarah J.Maas.
Ellen Scherer
Currently Reading: Alices Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellen-scherer.html

Post by Ellen Scherer »

This is very helpful. This doesn't seem like the book for me, but I can tell the story was well written from the tone in this review. :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”