Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Cut Off by Col Foley

Re: Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Post by Beatus »

I remember myself as a teen and do look forward to when my kids reach that stage. With a book like this there is so much info to be gleaned from by parents that can teach them a thing or two. Candid review. Kudos.
Latest Review: Cut Off by Col Foley

kwame1977
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 30
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I like teenage adventures and escapedes. This reminds me of the good of old days when I was in their shoes. Our world looked different and has left some memories in us. Good review.

Michael_Cries-a-ton
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Michael_Cries-a-ton »

SPOILER
This was a remarkable story of immigrant kids in America. To all non-Westerners who haven't been to the US, this provides a glimpse of what happens to all those communal values and heritages you had growing up when faced with the liberalism and permissiveness of America.

I give it four stars out of four because that scene where parents interrogate their children if they are still virgin was too raw and true for us non-Westerners trying to lead a modern life with modern values.

Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody is a wonderful depiction of life.
The spirit woke me. At that moment, I realized the meaning of that final dream. That meaning scared me more than the nightmare itself, and, at that point, I realized I’d never have the dream again.

BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 341

Post by BookPower9 »

It's like two hero characters. This book is just timely. Nowadays, a lot of challenges teenagers may face. Bullies maybe one. But it doesn't end there. The real tough is technology. Gadgets, games etc. We parents, should really handle it with care. Because not easy to unplug kids with technology. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”