Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timadak
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timadak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Post by Timadak »

Re: Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Very clear and detailed review without telling to much about the plot.I could immediately understand what was the Book about,and clearly it's not a Book for me.
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

Your review was very helpful but I do not think this book is for me, however, I would recommend it for those who have the patience to know about the transformation of Joey. It was also good to know there was diversity on the book. Thanks for the review.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This story about a teenage immigrant sounds like a wonderful young adult/coming-of-age story. I love that it discusses serious topics but also that it is filled with diversity. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review.
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda, is a contemporary YA novel that covers many tough topics that teenagers face every day. In the book, we see the questioning of religion, physical abuse, sex and much more. 
Sounds a gripping, well-written work of fiction! It has well-developed characters and a realistic, relatable plot. Plus, it has great Amazon ratings! I don't think this book is for me as I don't read this genre, but fans of Young Adult Contemporary novels will enjoy it! Thank you for the detailed review! :tiphat:
Petertember
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Petertember »

These book is the best that a teenager can read...The contents in it displays and aveils the true face of the 21st century....I rank the book 5/ 5 since to me I've enjoyed every page of the story.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read the story of the book GOODBYE, RUDY KAZOODY BY AA FREDA in your review. The different elements related to the various countries have been shown in this story. thanks for your review.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

This book caught my attention. It’s definitely covering topics all teens deal with. I don’t mind graphic descriptions and love to read this genre of books to be able to pass them on to my kids and have discussions of the situations. I can’t wait to read this one.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

This is a good read that deals with issues most teenagers face or are likely to face daily. I'd like to find out how it all goes down with Joey.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
graceful-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-graceful-1.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by graceful-1 »

Sometimes real life can be messy as the fictional story, Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by A.A. Freda portray's in the characters and storyline. I applaud the book for giving young adults a diverse view that they or anyone reading could relate to. In your review, you said, " Those contradictions are why he is so complex and likable.", and I imagine that is true of a lot of people, real or made up!
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

Despite my initial reaction to this book when I thought that I was not very interested in it, both the review and the sample that I read on Amazon have convinced me otherwise. I was drawn into an adventure, reading the sample but the review introduced me to the other characters, in particular to his older brother, and it sounds like a very entertaining story to me. It also sounds educational for adults as well, as it is my experience that many parents are unaware of what their teenagers do or how they behave, especially in the case of teenage daughters... An entertaining and well-written review of a book that sounds well worth reading.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A modern, young adult novel "Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody" by AA Freda depicts many tough topics that teenagers face every day, and appears to be quite entertaining to read. The story is about Joey, an Italian immigrant to whom native Spike instantly helps to integrate into the neighborhood.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Desitt
Currently Reading: Miguel Street
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desitt.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Desitt »

I am not convinced that this is a book for me. That said, your review largely seems to be a commentary of the characters and reflections on the social disposition of teenagers and young adults.

I noticed that you did not indicate how well edited (or not) the book was.

Thanks for the review.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

This reads like a fascinating novel, especially with the complex and complicated character- Spike. Sounds like Joey was lucky to have him in his life. Thank you for an excellent review!
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

This is an interesting YA book with a good plot. I think both the characters Spike and Joey are interesting in their own ways. Even though it's for young adults, I think mature readers too will enjoy the book. Fantastic work on the review.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

I rarely read young adult, but something in this storyline is appealing for my. Plus I already know which character will be my favorite. No doubt Buffy's fans will catch my drift)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”