Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mshighbracket
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Icon Re: Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Post by Mshighbracket »

Its funny how by chance i would find a site that already adds to my love for reading. After my my attempts of fumbling and balancing my children yesterday in my 10 minutes of quiet time, i found this site for the onlinebookclub. I stumbled upon the free giveaways and say this book Out of Darkness by M.A. Richards. Okay honestly my reaction was like oh lord not another werewolf/vampire book, but I found my self so engaged in every page. The story started out slow initially with the bullying and I seriously wondered if I would be able to finish because I am such a sucker for people who are frowned and looked down upon I almost closed the book; but I wanted to find out more of what happened to Brian and how he overcame. I like that he was the underdog who became the hero/leader of the 'pack'.

What also caught me was the references of good versus evil something that we battle with on a daily basis in our daily lives and how it was portrayed in this book. Truth we all have our battles it just comes in different forms.

As a 42 year old mother who would normally these days would not be reading these books but I found that I am looking for the next book by this author and have been searching to the sequel. It was amazing, i am glad I stuck it out.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lit2018.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lit2018 »

Finally, I finished reading the book. Does it have a Part 2?
I hate Cyrus. My suspicion about him being the bad warrior is right. He is just like Brian's father who is hungry for power. But i'm glad that Slade has finally come out from the dark.

Looking forward for the free Part 2 of this book. I still have questions running in my mind, about Chris if he is still alive, about Cyrus if he has a connection with the vampires, about Amy's dream where a warrior was captured and fell in love with her, etc.

I give this book three stars only for I still have to know the ending.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:

Post by Lit2018 »

What would Brian's life be like after going back to school as Slade? Will he meet Sarah again?
I believe the author makes Slade go back to school so as to protect his sister and brother from Amy.
Tony-A
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tony-A »

Awesome book reading "Out of Darkness" makes me feel like I'm in the story very, very interesting too. Looking forward for more ✌✌...
Dorothy_joy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dorothy_joy »

"Out of darkness" by MA Richards is amazing. Every detail of the story was well thought of. I love how The story shines light to one of the biggest problems most of the kids and us teens faces, bullying. hope somebody convert this book into a series or movie, i'm sure it'll be a hit.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:

Post by Lit2018 »

Where is the sequel of this book? Isn't it available yet?I already miss Slade. Hope that it will be a free book too.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:

Post by Lit2018 »

Will brian's mother be saved?how outrageous her husband is. He just let his wife die just to fulfill his selfish ambition. It's a lesson to us though to never ever turn to and make friends with the demons.he will surely give you what you want but he will also surely take everything you have,whatever he pleases..
Buchacha21
Currently Reading: China Virus
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buchacha21.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Buchacha21 »

I just finished this book and absolutely enjoyed it! I was immediately searching for a sequel. There are a few errors in the book that I found distracting, but the plot kept me going. I never thought I would enjoy a werewolf/vampire story so much!
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Lit2018 wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 09:21 Finally, I finished reading the book. Does it have a Part 2?
I hate Cyrus. My suspicion about him being the bad warrior is right. He is just like Brian's father who is hungry for power. But i'm glad that Slade has finally come out from the dark.

Looking forward for the free Part 2 of this book. I still have questions running in my mind, about Chris if he is still alive, about Cyrus if he has a connection with the vampires, about Amy's dream where a warrior was captured and fell in love with her, etc.

I give this book three stars only for I still have to know the ending.
Yes, there will definitely be more to the series, but I don't think the next book is out yet! The first book came out in 2015, so the next one should be out any time now... :eusa-think:
I agree that the first book leaves us with so many questions!
Fairyland1010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Fairyland1010 »

This book gets interesting and keeps ya in suspense. He gets bitten by his pet wolf and starts swelling up. People made fun of him which is sad. It’s a good book I couldn’t put it down. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”