Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. I love paranormal stories and werewolves are my favorite. Not sure I'd like a fast pace, but the story does pull you in and keep you there.
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I enjoyed reading your review of the book. I would have loved to read it, except its seeming like a horror story. Maybe it's the cover page that gives me that feeling. I don't like horror books so i'l pass on this one.
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I enjoyed reading your review of the book. I would have loved to read it, except its seeming like a horror story. Maybe it's the cover page that gives me that feeling. I don't like horror books so I will pass on this one.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

I enjoyed reading your review of Out of Darkness by M.A Richards but as I am not a fun of the paranormal or the supernatural I wouldn't go for this one. But in all for the readers who enjoy horror plots, Brian Porter's character as he goes from a normal life to a rejection riddled life for being obese after being beaten by a werewolf would definitely be engaging, even while being fast paced.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds so intriguing! Maybe the author just needs a good developmental editor to help him flesh out those scenes which are lacking.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I don't read much YA, but this book seems to have an interesting paranormal twist. I definitely like the sound of the story. Thanks for your great insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
meryna kate73
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by meryna kate73 »

Thanks for the review...the story quite different from norm..i quite love you the way to character of Brian is transformed from zero to hero.He gets a second chance of being looked up to as a werewolf than a realhuman being.Also brings out reality of how families stigmatise their own who are deformed or have problems, instead of supporting them..I would love to read this book as it is fast paced, gripping and the characters grow on you..
C1helsea
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by C1helsea »

The most interesting part about this book is the plot twist. I mean, who even expected that Brian would go through all those things on his first day of going out and trying to adapt to the world!!! This is the best plot twist ever as opposed to where I was expecting that he'd get out of the house and first adapt to the outside environment before being taken on this roller coaster, it's like he is being forced to adapt. I have never read YA books, especially not one that has a sequel of paranormal activities but this book is really interesting and I would recommend it to people who love such kind of books.
Harry2018
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Harry2018 »

Out of darkness is a masterfully crafted work of art and the most interesting part of it is the way he thought up his monsters.The story plot about a boy getting bit by a dog and gaining weight is brilliant and enticing to make you want to read.;;
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

It's been a while since I read a YA novel. This one sounds interesting. It's like 'Teen Wolf' with a twist.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
vandrekorir
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by vandrekorir »

This review makes the book look very interesting and captivating. Thanks so much for the review. I like reading monster character books and this is one of them. I will read to entire book soon when i grab it.
Harry2018
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Harry2018 »

Out of darkness is cleverly created by the author .the intrigue is compelling although the story is mostly open been t great book.
Agawyne
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Agawyne »

This book seems unique and I love the fact that it has a fast plot, characters are well built above all I like young adult stories
lyshe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lyshe »

Great review with details of the plot and the protagonist Brian. There's enough suspense to keep me interested in reading the entire book. Definitely want to find out what the ending entails. This book is a great bed time reader.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lit2018.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lit2018 »

I love how the author incorporate the famous stories of Count Dracula and Robin Hood in his book and give a twist in them. I never knew that Robin Hood was a werewolf warrior. :lol:

I'm still halfway in my reading though, and I still don't know if there are still another famous characters to expect in this book.

The only thing that I find not suitable is the location of the old house as the vampires' dungeon. Considering that vampires are hiding their identity,it is unlikely that they will stay and do their monstrous acts in a place where victims' screams can just be heard by the neighborhood, And it's so unthinkable that the people living nearby do not know what's happening inside that abandoned house. It's more realistic if it was located in a distant and isolated place.

Well, this is just an idea. Generally, I enjoy reading this book. It makes me think of the vampire characters in a famous movie.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”