Lessons from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- SPOILERS

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jui Mhaskar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Lessons from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- SPOILERS

Post by Jui Mhaskar »

I think Harry Potter and the goblet of fire is the biggest book of Harry Potter series. At this point everyone is really confused on what should we do but being the choosen one with this confusion is also depressing everyone will really enjoy the book
Valerie1313
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Valerie1313 »

You are completely right about the ideas in the book. As well as I want to add a couple of messages, which turned out to be the most diverting for me.

The first one is how the Ministry of Magic has been alleged people, avoiding the real hearings. They accused Harry of using the curse in the Muggle-inhabited area, not trying to dig into the issue and figure out the real rule breaker. (The same is waiting for Harry at the beginning of the next part.) They believed and extoled Rita Skeeter's articles in Daily Prophet, which consisted of only 1% of reality.

The second idea is the way people are keen on living in their phantasms rather than actuality. How Fudge reacted to the announcement, that Volondemort had returned, was extremely incompetent. The Minister of Magic refused to believe it, as he was afraid stiff to accept the truth.

We can refer to some of the modern politicians, judges, etc.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

Goblet of fire was where Harry Potter turned really dark. The amount of things that unfolded in this book blew my mind to bits
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

Valerie1313 wrote: 13 May 2022, 09:05 You are completely right about the ideas in the book. As well as I want to add a couple of messages, which turned out to be the most diverting for me.

The first one is how the Ministry of Magic has been alleged people, avoiding the real hearings. They accused Harry of using the curse in the Muggle-inhabited area, not trying to dig into the issue and figure out the real rule breaker. (The same is waiting for Harry at the beginning of the next part.) They believed and extoled Rita Skeeter's articles in Daily Prophet, which consisted of only 1% of reality.

The second idea is the way people are keen on living in their phantasms rather than actuality. How Fudge reacted to the announcement, that Volondemort had returned, was extremely incompetent. The Minister of Magic refused to believe it, as he was afraid stiff to accept the truth.

We can refer to some of the modern politicians, judges, etc.
Well said. I can always remember being so mad at people for believing Rita Skeeter and this nonsense she wrote in the daily prophet. Gossip over facts
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

The Goblet of Fire is one of my favorite Harry Potter books. There is a shift in the storyline to where it becomes more about survival and battling the dark wizards. I love to see Harry’s character develop too and be able to take on the darkness that is frequently after him.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

Lizzy_1992 I have read the books and watched the movies so many times but never have I thought about it in the amazing way you put it all together. The only marking point of the book had for me was the fact that Voldemort actually returned to a body and that everything would be different. And that Harry at the tender age if 15 faced him for the first time since Godrics Hollow as two people standing opposite each other and the outcome it would have seemed at that moment would have been for one of them to die. Harry was no longer a baby and Voldemort was not a teenage Tom Riddle or someone at the back of Professor Quirrell's head. He was a person and Harry escaped him yet again.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I like your assessment here.

The goblet of fire was by far my favourite of the series, although I would say there are a few characters who are a little bit redundant. I'm not quite so sure that in terms of the novels everyone has a key role to play, some don't.

Other than that I think you observations about the books and life in general are pretty accurate.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I completely agree about how the series keeps coming darker as far you go. Already on the third one you get that loss if innocence when Harry sees that Sirius has to leave in such an unfair way.
I think the main lesson I learnt when I first read the book is that you need to value friendship over temporary discussions and arguments, that if something happens to a friendship you need to discuss it. I decided I didn’t want to be in the situation of Harry and Ron through this book

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”