Official Review: Caught Inside by Jamie Deacon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: Caught Inside by Jamie Deacon

Post by Celticlady »

An important topic, LGBT coming of age YA story, not a genre that I read as I am 63 but it seems like it would be one for a person that wants to read a different style book. Nice review!
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

Thanks for a really thorough review. I read the sample and really enjoyed it. I think the twist of a boy falling for another guy does make it a bit different and interesting. I feel like young adult books can influence young teens. I'm glad the author wrote on the topic.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Cheeky
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 22">Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks</a>
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheeky.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Cheeky »

Thanks for the review, Great job. Luke and Zara kinda just pull's you right into the story line. I like it, I give it 3 stars.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Congrats on the nicely written review. Sounds like an emotional treat.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Congrats to the author on such a positive review and on being BOTD! It sounds like the book was very well written! Too bad I don't believe this is a book I would be able to get into.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

Nice review! The fact that Luke is falling for a boy makes the story more interesting than your typical, run-of-the-mill teenage love triangle. LGBT stories being treated like normal facts of life is refreshing. Congrats on being BOTD!
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

What a very thorough review! I was pleased to hear it sounds like something I may want to read so I added it to my TBR and hope to get to it soon. Thank you for being so very honest about it all.
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the great review. As reviewed and sampled, the story took me back to my younger years with so many ups and downs of emotions in a relationship. This will be a nice read all the way to the end. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Book Devotee
Currently Reading: dance of the gods
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-devotee.html

Post by Book Devotee »

I enjoyed your review of this book, a great review with the right amount of detail to explain the story with out giving anything away. It does have a great flow, the writing is well paced and the point of view is great. For me I didn't enjoy as much due to the fact that the story just didn't grab my attention. However I can still recognize a good story even if I didn't enjoy it.
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Post by L_Therese »

I don't know if I'm on board for a YA romance, but I'm glad that pool is expanding to include a leading character who is questioning his sexuality. It's a good discussion to have at an age where there are probably a lot of young people having similar experiences. I'm also glad to hear that the writing itself is well done, as this will surely expand its readership. Great review!
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by dhwanis »

Initially, I thought the book was not for me, as I do not enjoy the YA romance all that much. But as I read through the review, especially when it came to the Theo part, that was what got me interested...by the end of the review I totally wanted to pick and start this book asap. Awesome review!
ZamaMbatha88
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zamambatha88.html

Post by ZamaMbatha88 »

Nice book to read and more especially since it has no grammar errors.... Beautiful work!!!!!
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

An insightful review about a difficult topic. I can only read the sample at this time, but the author's competent handling of the character development of the members of the love triangle is apparent even in the early chapters. Isolating them from other people, even the influence of TV, intensifies the interaction between the members of the triangle. From the sample, I gather that the author treats the growing relationship between Luke and Theo as a natural development, which I like. I'm not really a fan of teenage romance novels, but I found the angle of this one interesting since the hero is questioning who he is and what his sexuality is instead of this being a completely run-of-the-mill romance with no real complications and character growth. The review touched on these matters without giving anything away - it was positive and conversational too. Well done!
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

A really insightful and great review. This book sounds good, I may give it a try. ?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

I think the book has a great story line. Just the mere mention of an attraction to same Sex makes it a wanna read book for teenagers. However, I personally would not like to explore such story but nonetheless am very impressed with this review.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”