Vanished by Meg Cabot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tami216-
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tami216.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Vanished by Meg Cabot

Post by Tami216- »

Vanished by Meg Cabot is a really fun, cleverly written book. It's about a normal teenage girl who gets struck by lightening and developes a superpower that she is able to find lost people. The writing style is funny and simple. The plot centers around the main character and her thoughts, and the book is written in first person. It's quite compelling to read because while many fantasy books merely focus on the world building and plot, this book was very focused on the main character. The plot was also very well developed and original but what struck me the most was how realistic the characters were. Some parts seems to be a little bit overdone, and other parts were a bit slow, but overall it is written very well. I would rate it 3.5 out of 4.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I enjoy Meg Cabot's books for mindless reading, but I haven't read this series. I think it is par for the course for Cabot to have some parts a little overdone; she isn't known for having the most eloquent style but she is a lot of fun. I'll have to look for this book the next time I want to read a book without having to think too much (in a good way, of course).
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

What an interesting idea for a book, a girl struck by lightning who can then find lost people. Thank you for your review.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”