How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

To get myself into the Halloween spirit, I have started reading How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather. Has anyone read this yet?

I have been seeing this book pop up with a video teaser for the past few weeks and by watching the video I was very intrigued.

Basically, it is Mean Girls, but the Mean Girls are actual descendants of the witches from the Salem Witch Trials. Sam Mather is a descendant from Cotton Mather who apparently caused the hangings of the witches.

What's really cool is that the author really is a relative of Cotton Mather.

From the video on Facebook, it looks like it would make an aweome movie! If anyone have read it please tell me what you thought!
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
christinaangelucci
Favorite Book: How to Hang a Witch
Currently Reading: small damages
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by christinaangelucci »

I just finished reading this! I loved it! I liked all aspects of the books both slight romance, drama, history, suspense, and everything overall. I immediately picked up her next book "Haunting the Deep" which takes you on a similar journey after "How to Hang a Witch" takes place but incorporates the history and her connection to passengers on the Titanic.

I also agree it would make a great movie! When I saw the trailer for the book I was hoping that this book was in the process of becoming a movie but sadly not. I would love to see them make a similar trailer for "Haunting the Deep" just because I love seeing a visual after reading the book to see how my mind created a picture against another portrayal. What do you think? Was the book just as good as you though or was it disappointing after the trailer?
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I read this book a few months back (along with the sequel), and even though I enjoyed it, it wasn't nearly as scary as I anticipated. Perhaps I am a bit too desensitized to horror. Either way, I really liked it--enough to actually buy the second one to find out what happens instead of waiting for it to be available from the library.

I haven't seen the trailer, but it is definitely something I'm going to look up!
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
JasminRosales
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JasminRosales »

Ok so I accidentally read the second book not knowing there was a first part. But oh my god! WAS I HOOKED!!! If the second book me hooked then the first one sure will and it did!!! Please read them!!! I wish the story never ended but like every good book it has to come to an end. Just make sure you read it with the lights on ! 😃 and I’m not kidding

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”