The baby sitters club by Ann M. Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lwelch819500
Currently Reading: The Royal Secret
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwelch819500.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

The baby sitters club by Ann M. Martin

Post by lwelch819500 »

This series can be so relatable for you a young girl starting out at their first job. Ann M. Martin is a famous author who wrote "The babysitters club" series. Let me tell you from the moment you start reading the first chapter, you're already there almost experiencing what the young girls do. The series about 7 girls who start a babysitting club and have meetings a few times a week in their friend Claudia's room since she has her own phone. This was the time before cell phones so the girls had to use a landline. Each book explained a different situation about each babysitter, which may be a predicament they get into and its get resolved at the end of the book. Ann M. Martin came out with a series for pre-teen girls called "babysitters little sister" which explained the life of one of the babysitters Kristy's little sister. I very much enjoyed this series growing up. Most books are available at the library. Check it out
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
SouthernDoll
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by SouthernDoll »

I am trying to get my nine year old reading these now lol.
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

The Baby-Sitter's Club is one of my favourite series - and actually, Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (the second book) is also the first novel I ever read. There are quite a lot of teen and preteen issues raised in books. I recommended the series to someone who was looking at how type 1 diabetes is portrayed in literature lately, so there's that. There's different aspects of school life, gender bias (ie. the boy babysitter), single parents (there's actually quite a few of these, and weddings too) and family dynamics, struggling with school, learning difficulties... There's something everyone can relate too, I think, in the series.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
kileiah
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kileiah.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kileiah »

I devoured this series when I was nine and had nothing to do for a school holiday. The range of characters was really appealing, and although each of the girls is really different they all got along and lent their strengths to the group. It's remarkable that there is a series that celebrates both traditional feminine activities (like babysitting) and also less traditional ones (entrepreneurship), and as a young girl this shaped my belief that women can excel in many areas and interests!
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I read these books and used to be obsessed with them when I was in elementary school. I used to get a new one every trip to the grocery store, and the Kid Sister Babysitter Club books were great too. I heard they came out with graphic novel versions of the BSC. If I remember correctly I think there was a tv show and a movie too.

I don't know how popular they are nowadays, but these were THE BOOKS to read if you were a cool little girl in my town.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
FearStreetZombie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearstreetzombie.html

Post by FearStreetZombie »

I think I read maybe one or two of this series but I never could get into them. I was more drawn to Sweet Valley High. lol :techie-studyingbrown:
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

I was obsessed with these books when I was younger. My bookshelves were filled with these: the originals, the mysteries, the super specials (or whatever they were called). She is one of the authors that taught me to love reading.
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

I remember reading this series as a young girl and wanting to start my own babysitters club haha. They made bank! Awesome series.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I loved The Baby-Sitters Club and Baby-Sitters Little Sister when I was young! I always got the new book each month and kept them all lined up in order on my shelf. :lol:
I later stored the books and kept them through the years, and now my daughter is starting to read them!
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I am so bummed. I used to have over 100 BabySitter's Club Books. I don't know what happened to them. I think my mom donated them after I got older. Hopefully there is a young girl out there enjoying them now.
Adair McClain
Currently Reading: Madhouse
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adair-lee.html
Latest Review: Freefalling by Eme McAnam

Post by Adair McClain »

I loved this series growing up. I can't wait until my daughter starts learning to read (she's only 4). I still give a little squeal when I see these books on a shelf. LOL.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

It's funny that I remember these books but I don't remember what happened in them. I don't usually forget stories I've read, so I don't understand why that happened. Same thing happened with Sweet Valley High.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”