Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RCoy85
Currently Reading: Disney at last
Bookshelf Size: 16

Re: Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Post by RCoy85 »

I enjoyed both characters.
AlicinWelsh
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicinwelsh.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by AlicinWelsh »

Tough call actually. I would have to go with Percy because I felt more of a connection with him. It could have been because he had more books out though. The Kane Chronicles are a great read, and I loved Sadie, but the PJ series is better all the way around.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

Personally, I liked Carter Kane better in some ways. I felt that he really grew into his powers and into his character. I also read the Kane Chronicles when I was around the age of Sadie, so I felt a better connection with that series. I didn't finish the PJO series until last year, and I am still in the HOO series now. I think that I can't relate to the characters anymore, and their "YA but still a children's book" attitudes sometimes.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I first read the Percy series before Kane Chronicles. They both have different aspect I like. For example, Kane chronicles has more humor. Egyptian gods are also interesting. Carter as a character is like percy, only a little childish. Percy on the other hand is much more relatable and not to mention Riordan did a much more better character development to him than Carter.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Megan01
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan01.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Megan01 »

I personally don't have a preference between both series. I admit I'm more attached to Percy Jackson because it pretty much started off my passion for reading and Greek mythology, but I remember really liking the Kane Chronicles and it's very different from Percy Jackson because of Rick Riordan's approach of the story. Overall both series are great and has their own characteristics.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I have only read the first in the Kane series and I read the five books focused on Percy Jackson. As I read the PJ books, I felt that the characters didn't really grow nearly as much as they should have given their experiences within each book. That isn't to say I didn't like them--I devoured them! They were great fun, but the characters were static rather than dynamic--Percy in Book 1 is the same as Percy in Book 5, even though he is four (maybe five?) years older. So far, the Kane Chronicles seem to span a much shorter time, so the lack of personal growth isn't as necessary. I've been reading books on here to review and catching up on my cozy mysteries, but I am definitely going to finish the Kane Chronicles and read Riordan's other series. (Sidenote: I LOVED the Magnus Chase series!)
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

Percy Jackson is my favorite but I think is mostly because I'm attached to the character, I've been reading his books for years and had to wait for some books but for Kane I could read them at once so I might be a little biased
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

While I throughly enjoyed both characters, I must say that I preferred Percy over Carter. My dad read me Greek myths when I was a child. I was first introduced to Percy when I read The Sea of Monsters for a fifth grade reading project. Since then, I asked for Percy Jackson books every Christmas and birthday when I was growing up. I went out and bought each of the Heroes of Olympus books with the money I earned from my first job. I grew up with Percy, and he has a special place in my heart.
laurenbirch1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by laurenbirch1 »

Percy Jackson! I love That series.
spellbindingstories
Currently Reading: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by spellbindingstories »

Though I love Carter, Percy Jackson wins for me. He just has a personality that allows readers to easily grow attached to him. I personally even liked Sadie more than I liked Carter.
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Post by elderwand »

I like Percy Jackson a lot more. It may have been the fact that Carter Kane only got 3 books, but I never cared about him to the extent that I cared about Percy.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Percy Jackson!
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

In my opinion you can’t really compare the two, because they each have a different strength that appeal to different people.

For me personally, Percy Jackson is better, but that is only because of the amount of books that there are with him. There simply weren’t enough books with Carter Kane for me to properly connect with him, the way I did with Percy Jackson.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I definitely like Percy Jackson more because of his ability to control water and heal himself. I also love his personality and how he is sweet, but with a devilish side.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

Percy Jackson. Couldn't really connect with Carter Kane or Kane Chronicles as much as I loved Percy Jackson.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”