We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

Post by BookSavvy90 »

This is hands down one of the most powerful books I've ever read. It was beautiful and profound and just made me think about a lot of things. It follows four teens as their lives are warped by the asteroid that is going to end the world. In the time they have they learn to let go of high school labels and worries; and eventually finally get certain freedoms they all desperately desired. I recommend this book to everybody please get a copy and read and maybe even listen to the soundtrack because oh my god is it stunning. Be warned you might tear up quite a bit while reading because some parts just hit you really hard. Trust me.

Infinity/10 I'm for sure rereading it again.

:shock2:
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
jaidemarie210
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jaidemarie210 »

The novel is a beautiful and profound piece that explores mortality and the purpose of life from the perspective of a group of 18 year old's from diverse walks of life. The application of the impending disaster on each individual is unique and unexpectedly liberating. It explores the idea that life is unpredictable and emphasizes the importance of celebrating the love we have and the lives we know/have known. It also analyzes the "pyrrhic victories" and labels that society currently holds on to, as well as the extraordinary cosmic connections that people have to the universe and each other (referred to as "karass"). Not only does it cover the significance of the spiritual and intellectual connection of humans, but also the most fundamental physical connections as well. While the novel does explore the inherent good/evil of humankind and several different philosophical ideologies, it is far from arrogant or boring. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone, it is an insightful read that will make you examine how you live your life on a daily basis and examines questions one wouldn't think to ask. It is a beautiful and compelling novel. 5/5.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Sounds like a good book. Glad you loved this one. I'm not sure I can find this book anywhere around me here, but I'll be trying :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Camilaruanor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Camilaruanor »

I read this book many years ago and I thought it was the most interesting book I read, I don’t read at all, never finish a book, but this one in particular really caught my attention it was one of the only books I had ever finished. It shows what sometimes really goes on in a teenagers mind and portrays it very well, even though it’s about they experience with the end of the world It shows how your first instinct to be with isn’t always your family. Truly interesting

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”