Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tweety7
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tweety7.html

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Post by tweety7 »

Another fascinating read by Jodi Picoult!! This time, Jodi takes us on a bone-chilling journey into the background events of a school shooting. The book is told by Josie Cormier, who was a witness to the shooting, but can't remember what happened, or can she? Dive into the tale of the tragic incidents that seem all too familiar in today's world.
Last edited by Gravy on 16 Jul 2016, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed "official review"
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

This was a fascinating read for me as well! I enjoy Jodi Picoult :)
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
sflaherty42
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sflaherty42.html
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Post by sflaherty42 »

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors. This book is disturbing but well written and shows the evil desperation of human nature.
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson
ttayfel1997
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by ttayfel1997 »

I've already written a review for this book on Goodreads, so I'm just going to copy the review and paste it below. Enjoy.

"I was hooked from the very first line. This book takes a very emotional topic and allows the reader to see it from varying perspectives. I loved the way the author allowed the reader to see every aspect of the shooting. We weren't seeing just one side to the topic. Nor were we just seeing two. We were able to view the situation from each person's point of view, not just the main characters either. Each paragraph of the book had me with millions of questions. And I was on the edge of my seat until the very end. Just when I thought I'd figured it out...the author threw another curveball. Overall, a tremendously great read."
daftkris
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daftkris.html

Post by daftkris »

I enjoyed this book so much! Jodi Picoult was my favorite author when I was younger and this book is the one that started the obsession with her books! It was such a good read, very emotional.
dmeeker78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dmeeker78.html

Post by dmeeker78 »

Jodi Picoult always seems to have such well thought out researched books with several twists and turns you don't expect. Nineteen Minutes is one of my favorite books by her because of how deeply it delves into the actual shooter without the layer of shock value the media tends to utilize. It truly makes you think.
yarlaski
Currently Reading:

Post by yarlaski »

This was a fantastic read for me. I felt as if I was truly apart of the events in the book.
valegrissom
Currently Reading: The Paper Magician
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by valegrissom »

This book was heavy. I'm glad I read it, though. I think all parents and school administrators should read it. Usually I see the twist coming at the end of her books, but this one came out of nowhere.
Amanda Howard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-howard.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Amanda Howard »

tweety7 wrote: 10 Jun 2014, 09:25 Another fascinating read by Jodi Picoult!! This time, Jodi takes us on a bone-chilling journey into the background events of a school shooting. The book is told by Josie Cormier, who was a witness to the shooting, but can't remember what happened, or can she? Dive into the tale of the tragic incidents that seem all too familiar in today's world.
I have just recently become a fan of Jodi Picoult! I read Leaving Time and was hooked on her story-telling. I will add this one to my list!

Are there other books of hers that you guys suggest?
ShannonNinja
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 54

Post by ShannonNinja »

valegrissom wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 15:17 This book was heavy. I'm glad I read it, though. I think all parents and school administrators should read it. Usually I see the twist coming at the end of her books, but this one came out of nowhere.
I believe this book is more relevant now than it ever was. I completely agree that school administrators should be reading this.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”