What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kole1997
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: What's your favorite YA books that are amazing to you?

Post by Kole1997 »

One of my favorite ya series is the RL series by Nancy Rue. Each of these books include a way to deal with difficult and challenging problems we all face in the world
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

The Royal Series, Paper Princess, by Erin Watt
Caraval by Stephanie Garner
Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
E G Suth
Currently Reading: The shock of the fall
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-g-suth.html
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by E G Suth »

Probably the odd one out here but A Skinfull of Shadows by Francis Harding is by absolute favourite young adult fantasy novel at the moment and I would highly recommend you check it out.
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
64things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by 64things »

adria_charles wrote: 20 Jul 2016, 15:46
Platinumpusheen wrote:I really liked Libba Brays Gemma Doyle series. None of Libba Brays books has ever disappointed me. Right now I'm reading the series again, just because I fell like it. I'm on the last book at the moment, and am just dreading the end(in which a certain someone dies :cry:). In the back, Libba Bray said that she MIGHT come back to the book. :cry:

I absolutely LOVE this series! One of my favorites growing up. I haven't read the series in a while but whenever I glance at my wall of books my eyes wander to those in particular. I don't know if I have ever read any of her other books. Thinking I should after I re read the series. It's so GOOD!
I read this series about a decade ago and I STILL find myself thinking of it often. I let a friend borrow them and never got them back. I may buy them again just so my daughter can read them one day! Libba Bray is a masterful storyteller. I read another book by her a few years ago called The Diviners.. *SHOOK* Highly recommend it!
thurstonc25

Post by thurstonc25 »

My favorite book series belongs to young adult sci-fi:

I am number four's Lorien Legacies

It has 7 novels and 5 mini-novels in a lost files series.
This series is also connected to Lorien Legacies Reborn which I also enjoy reading.
Full of adventure and action.
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

I have posted about this series before, but I'll do it again. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is very well written and full of realistic and diverse characters. The plot is incredible. Marissa uses fairy tales and pushes their stories into a futuristic setting filled with intense action and adorable romances. The order of the books is as follows:
Cinder
Scarlet
Cress
Fairest
Winter
Stars Above
Wires and Nerve: Volume 1
Wires and Nerve: Volume 2

I must say that Stars Above is only a collection of short stories about the characters. The Wires and Nerve books are graphic novels, expanding on the ending of Winter.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I like more contemporary novels so I would recommend:
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Wintergirls by Laurie halse Anderson
After by AMY Efaw
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Mohogany98

Post by Mohogany98 »

If you are looking for an excelent YA series, I highly recommend the Iron Butterfly series by Chanda Hahn. I've never read a series that so perfectly implemented romace with suspense. I was completely sucked into the storyline from the very first chapter. And by the very last page of the three book series I felt so satisfied. All questions were answered. All loose ends had been tied up (and that is very important to me in a series). And the only tiny bit of dissatisfaction I felt came from the fact that I'd finished this epic story. I've reread the entire series several times, and recomend it to all of my fellow bookworms. Happy reading!
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

I have so many favorite YA novels and sometimes they change quickly for the #1 spot. I think some of the ones that have left the biggest impression on me have been the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness (greenlit for a movie btw) the original Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. I also will forever love both A Court of Thorns and Roses (soon to be movie) and the Throne of Glass series (soon to be show) by Sarah J. Maas. Each and every one demonstrated that bravery and strength can come in many forms and means different things to different people.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

I think every young adult should read Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko. It is an amazing story of peer pressure, obligation, and family love. It tells the story of a boy whose older sister has autism, before anyone knew what autism was. Fiercely protective of his sister, but ashamed of what his friends will say, the main character is forced to decide what matters most. The most unexpected part is the setting: Alcatraz Prison, at the same time Al Capone was a prisoner there.
This book does contain some bad language and one implied adult theme. But both are important in understanding the story.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Tbunde5 wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 23:25 I think every young adult should read Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko. It is an amazing story of peer pressure, obligation, and family love. It tells the story of a boy whose older sister has autism, before anyone knew what autism was. Fiercely protective of his sister, but ashamed of what his friends will say, the main character is forced to decide what matters most. The most unexpected part is the setting: Alcatraz Prison, at the same time Al Capone was a prisoner there.
This book does contain some bad language and one implied adult theme. But both are important in understanding the story.
This book sounds really intriguing! I'll be adding it to my tbr. On the other hand, I recommend Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang. It is a harrowing tale of survival and relationships.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Platinumpusheen wrote: 19 Jul 2016, 22:38 I really liked Libba Brays Gemma Doyle series. None of Libba Brays books has ever disappointed me. Right now I'm reading the series again, just because I fell like it. I'm on the last book at the moment, and am just dreading the end(in which a certain someone dies :cry:). In the back, Libba Bray said that she MIGHT come back to the book. :cry:
I have heard so much about this series, but I haven't read it. I may have to find some books and start! They must be good if you are re-reading the whole series! Thank you for posting.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Chelsey_234

Post by Chelsey_234 »

If you are looking for a series then I would recommend “The Soul Screamers” there are three big books but there are three smaller books inside the bigger ones. That’s the only way I can describe it; they are all really good, if your looking for a “can not put it down” “read in the middle of class” kinda book. But I would definitely look into finding those books.
words_are_weapons

Post by words_are_weapons »

One of the most recent books that I loved was Renegades by Marissa Meyer, There is also a sequel called Archnemesis!!! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

We Were Liars by E.Lockhart.
Recommended to me by a high school English teacher, I understood immediately why the kids in her class loved it. It's a bit weird, but engaging. It's got a killer storyline and an ending you will not see coming.
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”